pigeon shooting

Is it possible for this country to slip any further down the shit hole,I can remember a chap saying to my grandfather fox hunting would be band one day and he said god you talk some rubbish,thank god he is hunting in heaven , can't wait to join him.

10 hours ago, j j m said:

you cant shoot them or crows or maggies now

Yes, you can, just don't go around telling every tom dick and harry what doing, not everybody on social media has to know what you have shot or where you have been shooting. Nothing is illegal until you have been caught ?  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, delswal said:

Yes, you can, just don't go around telling every tom dick and harry what doing, not everybody on social media has to know what you have shot or where you have been shooting. Nothing is illegal until you have been caught ?  

Shouldn’t have to sneak about like your doing something criminal which only last week was completely legal and 90 % of the population couldn’t give a sit about. It’s a fcuking disgrace what a few antis can do and people will roll over and let it happen. 

• Like 4
8 hours ago, dogmandont said:

Shouldn’t have to sneak about like your doing something criminal which only last week was completely legal and 90 % of the population couldn’t give a sit about. It’s a fcuking disgrace what a few antis can do and people will roll over and let it happen. 

No pal you shouldn't have to sneak about like a criminal to do something you enjoy doing, but rather than roll over and sell my guns I will sneak about today tomorrow and every other fecking day, no different to when they said I couldn't hunt with dogs, nothing has changed except the introduction of a law that they do not have the manpower nor time to enforce.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, pepper 45 said:

has pigeon shooting been banned?

Not exactly.  But kind of. Temporary stop until new General licences have been sorted out. Unless you are a farmer or similar with some massive pest problem that can't be resolved by other methods. If so the land owner can apply for a special licence thingy. "We asked the nasty pigeons and crows to move along elsewhere,  they didnt so we shot them. It's their fault! they were given the option.  Now if you live somewhere near poor old kiwis you could always go and dump some guts in the hedges round there! I'm sure he'd be apreciatetive of the company of the bluebottles that would grow in this nutrient rich area.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Meece said:

Not exactly.  But kind of. Temporary stop until new General licences have been sorted out. Unless you are a farmer or similar with some massive pest problem that can't be resolved by other methods. If so the land owner can apply for a special licence thingy. "We asked the nasty pigeons and crows to move along elsewhere,  they didnt so we shot them. It's their fault! they were given the option.  Now if you live somewhere near poor old kiwis you could always go and dump some guts in the hedges round there! I'm sure he'd be apreciatetive of the company of the bluebottles that would grow in this nutrient rich area.

Some very good advice bud ? i hope many act upon it. Atb

1 hour ago, delswal said:

No pal you shouldn't have to sneak about like a criminal to do something you enjoy doing, but rather than roll over and sell my guns I will sneak about today tomorrow and every other fecking day, no different to when they said I couldn't hunt with dogs, nothing has changed except the introduction of a law that they do not have the manpower nor time to enforce.

You say nothing has really changed but it definitely has and will continue to until there is nothing left. If a handful of people can bring about a ban then surely tens of thousands can get it reversed. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, dogmandont said:

You say nothing has really changed but it definitely has and will continue to until there is nothing left. If a handful of people can bring about a ban then surely tens of thousands can get it reversed. 

That's what basc should be doing but all they will do is to sit on their hands and say stuff like their in consultation with x.y. or z. Useless. Totally no idea.

Just now, Dinosaurs said:

Some very good advice bud ? i hope many act upon it. Atb

Although cwiss is definitely a Cnut he shouldn’t be the one getting the attention, your energy could be better used against the system that has given an ignorant anti like him the power to do what he just has. 

Only if somebody in power has it in their interest to get it reversed. Not many if any politicians give two flying fecks about countryside pursuits for the working man. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, delswal said:

Only if somebody in power has it in their interest to get it reversed. Not many if any politicians give two flying fecks about countryside pursuits for the working man. 

If this decision doesn’t get overturned del it really is another massive nail in the coffin of country pursuits in England. I expect this won’t be the last change to be brought in and then it’s going to be used as a reason for not giving lads a FAC. 

If this decision doesn’t get overturned del it really is another massive nail in the coffin of country pursuits in England. I expect this won’t be the last change to be brought in and then it’s going to be used as a reason for not giving lads a FAC. 

I don't think it will get overturned, but I think it will be reworded with a little bit of inconvenience to shooters applying for a licence, I think and hope within a few months it will be business as usual, but basc and country side alliance need to be stepping up their game in support of country sports and pursuits.........the feckers get enough in subs   

• Thanks 1