Thermal monoculer

Just wondering what people's views are on the monoculer talking to a fella who said they seam very good as you can spot your deer before it's bright enough to shoot ........ in my opinion I think it defeats the hole idea of deer stalking could I not just flick on a lamp see them and wait doesn't seem like deer stalking from my own view have the enjoyment is stalking in and not been caught 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Like BH said we all hunt for different reasons . I know stalkers that swear by them and others who think it’s in some way cheating. I guarantee that if you get one it will 100% put more venison in your chiller . But will you feel satisfaction from your hunt ? That is for you to decide. I’m not advocating night shooting, but you can take them into dense forestry or woodland and it shows their heat signature and gives you the heads up , also at dusk when maybe light is failing you can pick up a heat sign in the shadows . It’s a tricky one because if you are a recreational stalker you may be limited to how often you get out and wish to maximise your success. On the other hand it’s not all about pulling the trigger. ATB 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

We all hunt for different reasons. Personally I'd rather leave the thermal at home...

How did your goat trip end up mate lost track of the thread, hope it was all you expected and then some ???

On 22/05/2019 at 15:44, Greyman said:

How did your goat trip end up mate lost track of the thread, hope it was all you expected and then some ???

Cheers mate. Very well. When I get the energy I'll stick up a big post on it, a few folks have asked.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 4

Thermal is a game changer for sure but I get the satisfaction thing .If used purely to locate deer and not as a means to fill the truck it becomes just another tool in the box.Like said ,you don’t have to pull the trigger .