HW 100 KT .177 hunting pellet result.

A change from the GL discussion i thought i would test out the JSB Exact Express 4.52, 7.87g through my KT for power, accuracy and consistency.

I`ve always stuck with the AA Fields 4.52, 8.4g with the HW 100 KT even after some three years of using exclusively the Exact, Express through all of my .177 spring rifles.

Mitch put me onto the JSB Exact Express , so since buying my little but extremely accurate Chinese Chrony i thought - test time. :hmm:

IMG_1323.JPG.67b50692df845bd2c1d0d21d0f91a137.JPG

The AA Fields 8.4g, 4.52 gave an extremely consistent 794 ft/sec which levels out at 11.79 ft/lbs  ( yes i`ll keep a wary eye on that power level ) 

The groups were outstanding.

So then gave the JSB Exact Express the long awaited test.

The accuracy was also superb, power and shot consistency superb.

JSB Exact Express 4.52, 7.87g gave an extremely consistent 815.6 ft/sec which levels out at 11.63 ft/lbs.

A slight right to left breeze here but the group size was what i was after :good:

IMG_1328.JPG.b5a67d2665f9fdce25653120d35b5655.JPG

IMG_1329.JPG.9b1148c49f4229d98cff6446281eff96.JPG

Very, very appealing results lads.

So for the TX owners and Pro Sport owners as i am, i thought i`d put a target or two out to show the JSB Exact Express results there too/ same evening/ same breeze.

The TX 200 HC MK3.

IMG_1322.JPG.d04ca091f6bc0a893bc9ab3c6de0d9ab.JPG

The Pro Sport.

IMG_1327.JPG.51c0436a80cc101a1911611f92289f4d.JPG

TX = 810 ft/sec, 11.47 ft/lbs ( Rat Works tuned)

Pro Sport = 814 ft/sec, 11.58 ft/lbs ( untouched)

Again both rifles extremely consistent.

Great call Mitch, :good:

A little geeky, i know ( i was bored :boredom:) but very useful to some hopefully.

atb  Mark.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Ahhhhh. A bit of normality. Thank god.

You don’t know how much I’ve missed these posts showing us how good your rifles are Mark ? 

Wierdly my own KS doesn’t like the brands yours does. I was so confident it would too... tried them first. Bloody fussing cow.

Great post my man. Lovin the subtle hint to the GL though with ya target choice. 

• Like 2

Mark i had a right feck on the other night with the pro sport mate

its the first rifle iv had that hates jsb exacts 8.44gr 4.52

it was like a scatter gun more than a shot gun spread lol

but liked the jsb express so a trip to the range some time soon 

for some pellet testing .

Iv got a full tin of AA,, diabolo express 7.87gr here to try out

going to clean the barrel out today some time first as you know im a big fan of the jsb exacts

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 1

As you know Mark , I have been using these pellets for some years now and nothing can come close to AA express

my bsa ultra is very accurate with these but bsa mags hate these pellets, which is a shame 

• Like 1

Never yet tried JSB Express .22 in my Prosport Mark, but, she absolutely loves Air Arms Field 5.52 so, that's the head size I will look for with the JSB Express. 

Top shooting as always. 

And I am really delighted to see you getting terrific sport with your HW97 and Hawke Endurance rig. Just the shooter that rifle deserves.

Alm the best mate.

Simon

• Like 1

Aye up Simon  :bye:

If your Pro Sport and you are loving the Fields change nothing .

I only have two .22 cal rifles, the FWB Sport 127, mk1 and the HW 100 KS which i have just fitted with Jimmy`s old scope, the Hawke Air Max 30 sf 6-24 x50 ( might put this scope on my .177 KT yet , hmmmm :hmm:) - both running extremely well on Falcon Accuracy Plus.

IMG_1113.JPG.aaa034d1ab184975f27455332cafa4b7.JPG

Heres the FWB Simon with a V Mach engine fitted just. 

IMG_1314.JPG.5cd4b662cbadf83c3d096155b0be6635.JPGIMG_1316.JPG.0527f3583decb4bbc0f5de02ecbec386.JPG

Talking about the 97, i bought a very cheap but very effective Chinese chrony that told me the 97 was running hot so i took her to my gunsmith , had it reduced in power by 2 ft/lbs and here she is, last night at my 38 yd zero.

IMG_1331.JPG.e3430b0814c06a87a607e83c72f23e61.JPG

I just love the L4 German reticle Simon  :good:

Fantastic, hunting rig this has proved to be.

She is now running at 815.6 ft/sec, 11.63 ft/lbs and deadly accurate with the JSB Exact Express 4.52, 7.87g.

atb  Mark.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, mark williams said:

Aye up Simon  :bye:

If your Pro Sport and you are loving the Fields change nothing .

I only have two .22 cal rifles, the FWB Sport 127, mk1 and the HW 100 KS which i have just fitted with Jimmy`s old scope, the Hawke Air Max 30 sf 6-24 x50 ( might put this scope on my .177 KT yet , hmmmm :hmm:) - both running extremely well on Falcon Accuracy Plus.

IMG_1113.JPG.aaa034d1ab184975f27455332cafa4b7.JPG

Talking about the 97, i bought a very cheap but very effective Chinese chrony that told me the 97 was running hot so i took her to my gunsmith , had it reduced in power by 2 ft/lbs and here she is, last night at my 38 yd zero.

IMG_1331.JPG.e3430b0814c06a87a607e83c72f23e61.JPG

I just love the L4 German reticle Simon  :good:

Fantastic, hunting rig this has proved to be.

She is now running at 815.6 ft/sec, 11.63 ft/lbs and deadly accurate with the JSB Exact Express 4.52, 7.87g.

atb  Mark.

Just think Mark if you had listened to me a few years ago

you coukld of been shooting these fine rifles then

but i can remember some one saying naaa not for me had a go of one at the range and did not like it

feck it took some time for you to get one never mind three

of the finest rifles ever made

and a pro sport to boot

see what you can get when you listen to me

Got to admit your good with them mind :notworthy:;)

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

PS,,first time iv not taken the piss out of you i must be getting soft or to old for it :cray:

• Haha 1