HW 100 KT .177 hunting pellet result.

2 hours ago, Rimfireboy! said:

I’d be interested to know if anyone on here has shot tx200 and/or pro sport in both .177 and .22? If so, how do they compare? Are they smoother in .22 or not much different? Thanks?

I've had a TX in both calibres - the .22 was definitely nicer to shoot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jonjon79 said:

I've had a TX in both calibres - the .22 was definitely nicer to shoot.

Thanks for that Jonjon. I’ve considered getting a tx200 in .22 as I would expect.22 to be nicer to shoot, most for sale seem to be .177 though. That’s very much food for thought. ?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, villaman said:

.22 in spring gun 

I have 97 .22 and.177 and .22 shoots far better 

.177 springs  are for people who can’t shoot?

Not biting yer Twat  :laugh: :feck:

Never had a problem with either caliber for accuracy to be honest.( only trajectory)

Once any shooter takes away any fore end grip and allows the spring rifle to float shall we say, then the accuracy on offer usually improves greatly with correct building of shot ,regardless of caliber.

As a personal preference i do prefer a heavy spring rifle.

atb  Mark.

I can tell you, from my experience of owning both the TX200 .22 rifle and HC .177 carbine the TX200 in .22 is beautifully smooth while in .177, the TX200HC is a snappier rifle altogether. 

What I will say is that both are supremely accurate but, in .177 calibre, all the TX200HCs I've shot with are phenomenally accurate.

I had a TX200HC .177 on my FAC running at 18 ft/lbs and that rifle was lethal on fur and feather at over 100 yards. 

The Prosport .22 I now have is really the best of both those TX200 rifles. Smooth as silk to cock and shoot with, and as accurate as it's possible for any air rifle to get . 

As spring rifles go these Air Arms are absolute top notch rifles to own and shoot with. No doubt about that.

Best regards.

Simon

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 months later...

What caliber are you going for C3PO ?

I use the TX 200 HC MK3 very often for hunting , simply superb rifles and supremely accurate.

Please let us know how you get on with her mate. :good:

atb. Mark.

PM sent.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mark williams said:

What caliber are you going for C3PO ?

I use the TX 200 HC MK3 very often for hunting , simply superb rifles and supremely accurate.

Please let us know how you get on with her mate. :good:

atb. Mark.

PM sent.

It'll be .177 - and willdo!

Edit: I used to have a fair few rifles ... this was my collection between 1990 and 2013:

• Webley Typhoon .22 (why did I ever sell this!!??)
  • Webley Hawke .22 rifle
  • Weihrauch HW100KT (probably the finest rifle I've ever owned) .177  - two of these, one BTAS-tuned.
  • Theoben Rapid Mk 2 FAC 30ft/lb .22 (The Beast!)  Ben Taylor fettled :)
  • Air Arms S410 . 22 (my first PCP after moving to Berkshire in 2006)
  • Air Arms TX200 HC .177 (beautiful springer)
  • Weihrauch HW95k V-Glide .22 (beautifully smooth to shoot, not quite as accurate as the TX200HC.  This accounted for several hundred garden rats one summer!)
Edited by C3PO
  • Like 3