50 pence in the back of the telly

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went to see Big Daddy wrestling at crowtree leisure centre in sunderland when I was a kid,i still remember some old doris hitting him with her handbag when he was against the ropes ? easy....easy...

Same as me and my brother ....our sister refereed because she was the oldest and could kick f**k out of both of us ?

Posted Images

My Mrs came from a big Irish family and had it tough as a kid , not much money about and all that . They rented a telly “ Grundig” was the company name . 50p in the back , it was black and white , her mum was a “Crossroads” fan and made her run down the street to look through a neighbors window who had a colour set , to see what colour dress Meg Richardson was wearing. How times have changed. 

• Like 2

It's friday,it's 5 to 5 and time for:hmm: .........  But anyone remember Why don't you,just why don't you turn off your television set and go do something less boring instead,sitting at home watching TV turn it off not good for me,oh why don't you :laugh:

Edited by fireman
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Batman and Robin starring Adam west and land of the giants.We used to rent our telly same as the rest of the street in the 60s even though everybody was in work either in the steelworks the pits or on the buildings and I can remember the money slots for the gas metre even in them days though ordinary working class folk seemed to have more of a social life with working men clubs packed to the rafters at weekends when turns were on.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

wrestling on Sunday afternoons.....?

I went to see Big Daddy wrestling at crowtree leisure centre in sunderland when I was a kid,i still remember some old doris hitting him with her handbag when he was against the ropes ? easy....easy....easy

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
41 minutes ago, mackem said:

I went to see Big Daddy wrestling at crowtree leisure centre in sunderland when I was a kid,i still remember some old doris hitting him with her handbag when he was against the ropes ? easy....easy....easy

The big names I remember were Kendo Nagasaki, Mick McManners , Jackie Pallow , Giant Haystacks, and of course none of it was rehearsed, it was the real deal ? My NaN lived with us when I was w kid and she was mad for the wrestling, she used to get out of her chair and wave her walking stick at the telly , she hated Mick McManners 

Edited by shovel leaner
  • Like 1
20 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

The big names I remember were Kendo Nagasaki, Mick McManners , Jackie Pallow , Giant Haystacks, and of course none of it was rehearsed, it was the real deal ? My NaN lived with us when I was w kid and she was mad for the wrestling, she used to get out of her chair and wave her walking stick at the telly , she hated Mick McManners 

Years ago I met a guy who told me he had been on the wrestling circuit as the Masked Mauler,his name was George,he was from Milton Keynes,he was sitting in ned kellys bar in tsim sha tsui drunk as a skunk when he told me his tale,i never found if it was true or not.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, mackem said:

Years ago I met a guy who told me he had been on the wrestling circuit as the Masked Mauler,his name was George,he was from Milton Keynes,he was sitting in ned kellys bar in tsim sha tsui drunk as a skunk when he told me his tale,i never found if it was true or not.

You will never know , just think if you are a pissed up bullshitter , no one can say that guy with the mask on doesn’t look like you . ?

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

wrestling on Sunday afternoons.....?

It was Saturday afternoons at 4 o'clock.I used to watch it at my nans house,Worked on building sites for nearly 30years and not heard language as bad as what came out of her mouth for that hour.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, downsouth said:

It was Saturday afternoons at 4 o'clock.I used to watch it at my nans house,Worked on building sites for nearly 30years and not heard language as bad as what came out of her mouth for that hour.

met big daddy at Caerphilly recreation centre back in the day lol...funny you say that because my old  nanna was a big fan of the wrestling.....?my mother used to cover my ears?