I’m after a bit of advice

Well I’ve never owned an air rifle since I was in my teens that I used for rats, now I’m off to the shooting show in a couple of weeks and was thinking of picking one up, as there’s always loads there for sale, I was thinking about a second hand springer around the 150 quid mark, what I’d like to know is what should I be looking for and is there good rifles to be had at that price or am I wasting my time 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stavross, did you make a decision? I've got an HW95 sitting idle at my mum's place in Norfolk.  Given that I live down under now, it's not going to get any use any time soon.  It's .22 calibre. 

About time you fcuck off on holiday again ?

.. I was taking the piss D, you fecking tramp ?

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Well I’ve never owned an air rifle since I was in my teens that I used for rats, now I’m off to the shooting show in a couple of weeks and was thinking of picking one up, as there’s always loads there for sale, I was thinking about a second hand springer around the 150 quid mark, what I’d like to know is what should I be looking for and is there good rifles to be had at that price or am I wasting my time 

Dont know where your from Stavross but if your travelling to the Shooting show (northern), then have a look on free-ads and you may pick up a bargain on the way there, its hard to find a gun at a bargain price at the shows, not saying they are not about. 

I'm sure others on here will advise you on what to look out for that's in your budget ?

Edited by liP
*not

I’ve been looking on the ad sites and the likes and £150 is just a ruff spend guide, mainly I have no idea what I’m looking at, show me a .243 or .308 and I can hold my own, when I had air rifles it was all webley and Diana 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, mattwhite said:

It really all comes down to budget stavross really and whether your out hunting or targets or just a bit of plinking?

It will be used for shooting ferrels and rats in the farm sheds, so it needs to be capable of that, I don’t want to spend a fortune, a couple of hundred quid at most,I looked at them and was shocked at the price of a new one, I didn’t pay that for my rimfires against the price of a springer and my .243 was cheaper than a pcp

Edited by Stavross

Well a hw99s is more than capable of doing that and more pal so with a scope and a new rifle you will be looking at £300ish.

Lovely little rifle, lightweight and as accurate as a £500 springer in my opinion. The rest is your own personal choice of either break barrel or underlever and what fits you the best?

1 minute ago, mattwhite said:

Well a hw99s is more than capable of doing that and more pal so with a scope and a new rifle you will be looking at £300ish.

Lovely little rifle, lightweight and as accurate as a £500 springer in my opinion. The rest is your own personal choice of either break barrel or underlever and what fits you the best?

Thanks for that, I’ll have to look a bit more into it, I suppose at least buying new you know what your getting 

• Like 1

What sites that on mate, I was looking on free-ads last night and someone is selling a hw95 for £150 with hawke scope but it has been rapped in camo tape and I would of thought the only reason you would do that is it’s a bit battered 

3 hours ago, Stavross said:

What sites that on mate, I was looking on free-ads last night and someone is selling a hw95 for £150 with hawke scope but it has been rapped in camo tape and I would of thought the only reason you would do that is it’s a bit battered 

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?24-Second-Hand-Airguns-(and-parts-spares)-For-Sale

Think you've got to join the site to see the for sale section. A good site for bits and pieces and information, just don't get reeled in on the general section as if you step out on line with some of the regulars, you get swiftly banned lol

• Like 1