Rimfire trigger kit

I fitted a rimfire magic kit to my 452. It’s just a lighter spring and a roller to reduce/eliminate creep. It works very well and not expensive. Took about ten minutes to fit.

Edit to say, don’t forget to test safety catch operation and bump test when cocked with safety off.

Edited by Rimfireboy!
  • Like 1

Dont but it, go to a scrap yard and petrol caps have springs in them. Throw a load in your pocket different ones have different springs. Find one the same diamiter, i think nissan. Cut 3 coils off and ur done. If you can wait i can try and find what car on monday or tuesday

11 minutes ago, Davetyler said:

Dont but it, go to a scrap yard and petrol caps have springs in them. Throw a load in your pocket different ones have different springs. Find one the same diamiter, i think nissan. Cut 3 coils off and ur done. If you can wait i can try and find what car on monday or tuesday

Really ??

Fair play, and even though a spring is just a spring, I think I’d want one that been used 1000’s of times for the same purpose. 

And for £15 posted (I called them up and they’re having issues with their website) I will feel a little more comfortable. 

Cheers anyway ????

Edited by Dave_4

..It's not alway just a simple case of changing springs. I have a box of springs just for this purpose but more often than not badly cut Sears are the main issue. They are cut with safety in mind. If I can I like to stone the Sears so they slide easier and retain the standard spring. Sometimes to light a spring on the cz's can cause accidental discharges when the safety is snapped of quickly.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Dave_4 said:

Ok, is it diy job or gunsmith? 

Depends on a person's skills. 

I study the action of the trigger with a magnifying glass first. Some triggers you can physically see the sear movement caming the hammer or striker spring back. No trigger spring adjustment is going to help there. The angles of contact have to be changed and it is so fine a degree you can hardly tell.

It involves small fine stones, patience and care.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Depends on a person's skills. 

I study the action of the trigger with a magnifying glass first. Some triggers you can physically see the sear movement caming the hammer or striker spring back. No trigger spring adjustment is going to help there. The angles of contact have to be changed and it is so fine a degree you can hardly tell.

It involves small fine stones, patience and care.

? although I’m not a complete idiot, I’m not sure I’m comfortable with that level of work as an amateur. Is it something that can be sent off and polished or does the rifle have to be complete to to do the work?

1 hour ago, Dave_4 said:

? although I’m not a complete idiot, I’m not sure I’m comfortable with that level of work as an amateur. Is it something that can be sent off and polished or does the rifle have to be complete to to do the work?

Complete mate.

I got the Yo-Daves Trigger kits fitted to my 2 CZ452's. You can do it your self, if you're not too sure there are vids on Youtube that show you how to do it. You can get trigger kits off of Ebay from Australia for less than a tenner delivered or the Yo-Dave is £27 delivered. https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=TRIGGER+KIT+CZ455&_sacat=0

• Like 1