Air Arms S410F carbine super-lite

I'm looking for a bit of info on this airgun, what they worth ?, Metalwork needs some attention, but got a nice feel to it could imagine them being popular with airgunners, I done a bit years ago with bsa, and weihrauch springers, but this is obviously a more serious bit of kit, Cheers

The metal parts are a standard 410 so the 'lightweight' name comes from the stock they use. I'm sorry as I cannot remember what wood is used but I can tell you they are prone to splitting, I only know two people who own one and both have split to one degree or another. As a standard  gun, not the lightweight, they have a lot of followers as many other guns do, not a gun I like but that is purely my opinion, I could not fault them as a good accurate rifle but in all honesty there are better guns out there.

Value s/h is around £450 although with the wood issues perhaps a bit less. If I wanted one ,which I never would, I would not want to spend any more than £350

If the gun appeals to you and all is in order, the decision is yours. I wish you well with your choice.

Phil

14 hours ago, philpot said:

The metal parts are a standard 410 so the 'lightweight' name comes from the stock they use. I'm sorry as I cannot remember what wood is used but I can tell you they are prone to splitting, I only know two people who own one and both have split to one degree or another. As a standard  gun, not the lightweight, they have a lot of followers as many other guns do, not a gun I like but that is purely my opinion, I could not fault them as a good accurate rifle but in all honesty there are better guns out there.

Value s/h is around £450 although with the wood issues perhaps a bit less. If I wanted one ,which I never would, I would not want to spend any more than £350

If the gun appeals to you and all is in order, the decision is yours. I wish you well with your choice.

Phil

Cheers Phil, but I'm not looking to buy, this is a gun that was given to me by an old friend

Ah I see, sorry about that but if as you say it is a freeby, you cannot lose. If you find any cracks in the wood and can't be fixed although with people like Bigmack 97k or better known as Jimmy, he would be able to advise the best way of sorting it. I actually picked up a s/h 410 normal stock from mu RFD for £50 which replaced one of the split stocks so not the end of the world when the gun is a gift, it was more to do with is you were going to buy one.

Good luck with the project and just remember there are some really very experienced guys on here so any problems with getting it sorted, post on here with some photos.

Phil

20 hours ago, philpot said:

Phil

Is the wood popla or something

• Like 1

If it was given to you by a old friend i take it your no looking to sell it ?. The guns what i would call in a used condition , but then i of  think airguns  as a tool for getting the job done and no as a ornament so a spot of blood ect on the barrel will cause rusting but it doesn't affect there use or aim  , if you want to sell it see it as a project  then that gives somebody the chance to clean it up if they want 

1 hour ago, The one said:

If it was given to you by a old friend i take it your no looking to sell it ?. The guns what i would call in a used condition , but then i of  think airguns  as a tool for getting the job done and no as a ornament so a spot of blood ect on the barrel will cause rusting but it doesn't affect there use or aim  , if you want to sell it see it as a project  then that gives somebody the chance to clean it up if they want 

I acquired it when my old mate passed away, and as I've got no use for it I will be looking to sell sometime