Sign in to follow this  
W. Katchum

Rats

50 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

They as good as fenns or them american ones micky? Rather pay but more for the better traps. Il prob get money back anyways 😁😂

By    American  do you mean these Don ? they are Body Grippers  and nothing that gets in those Jaws will survive and you have to be very careful where you set them as the punch well above their weight and I have even killed Foxes in them .   when I was using them regularly I used Tree guards as cubbies and that set up worked well on Rabbits and the odd Rat went in too . If I was trapping Rats I would use a mixture of traps because sometimes they just not go in .                                                                         

DSCF3191_zpsff45tjek.jpg

bun148.jpg

Picture110.jpg

Can ye get similar to them but smaller with round jaws micky? Of ye can then that’s the ones I got in mind, I know you use them ones for rabbits but wouldn’t they half a rat in 2 😁

I only used to use mk4 fenns set them light. But that's all I got haven't done it for tyears but it's good fun when you get into it as said use a box if you're bothered you can rig a signal. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

Can ye get similar to them but smaller with round jaws micky? Of ye can then that’s the ones I got in mind, I know you use them ones for rabbits but wouldn’t they half a rat in 2 😁

you would need  2 1/2  inch round RBG They would fit in the old Clay land drain , Pop bottle ,Bean tin  buy the from the States about  £100 a Dozen  Posted  ,then keep it to yourself  , I have used the 6 inch ones  on Rabbits and they are good in old Rabbit Fencing. 

bun239.jpg

Picture006-5.jpg

• Like 1

Right let’s see ye set ups? Cubbys/boxes an traps, need to get some down on a job I do an need ideas😳