Really need to sort some rats out on a job I do. Folks don’t wanna use poison as lots wildlife, owls, an stoats an stuff about that don’t cause any harm an the folk like seeing them. Can use dogs on it now an again but 90%time we cant, it’s no great loss as the same folk give us plenty other land to use dogs so swings an roundabouts.

anyways Iv never trapped a lot really so what’s me options, ideally wanna set a trap line that can be checked few tomes a day an easily reset😀

hit me with it😂

If you need easy resets I would use simple snap traps in locked boxes or make trap covers with brick stone timber etc .look for well used runs, bait with different baits for a few days see which one they take. set the traps, daily check and be lucky!! If i couldnt use rodenticides id shoot as well. If you are catching loads put more traps down a few a day. You still could catch a stoat but ive not had one in a rodent trap for years but you never can tell. Keep the entrance to the trap cover as small as possible .

IWM

Body grips with wire tunnels so you can just walk past and see whether you’ve caught or not ......

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sid g said:

live traps ..

You can buy snap traps for next to nothing and use off cuts of timber stone and brick etc to make trap covers cage traps cost £10 + If you dont trap to much as wkatchem said its not worth the out lay for cage traps and why catch a rat alive just to shoot it in a cage when a trap does it for you

• Like 1

I have a few rat snare in the van if you want to try them. I've been driving the around for two years plus. Be glad to get rid

• Haha 2

I would go for Snap traps because they are cheap, effective , and  discrete , placement and bait is every thing ! get that right and it's game over , give the traps time  . to work and only look  AM/PM Remember  that any trap that can be seen will be smashed or stolen and Dog's Fox's , and  Badgers will  take baited traps 

bun.jpg

Boxed break backs work, so does poison in appropriate boxes.

Most dead rats dies down their holes and secondary poisoning is virtually impossible if baiting is done right.

Poison is the main stay of Pest Controllers and you don't find they kill non target species!

Edited by Deker
  • Like 3

I prefer  mk4 fenns although you got to check them daily you got something to show preferably the owners wife where as with poison they can just die underground and some owners wonder what they are paying for 

Snares are out question, as a few dogs an cats are about an they asked me not to snare, traps in tunnels or boxes sound best am checking them an resetting them ain’t a problem tbh, neither is bait if needed but I’d prefer to jist bait natural runs?? 

Whats my trap options here? Does it have to be fenn traps? What’s a snapper trap ? Them cartoon Tom an Jerry ones or ones with place jaws?

cant I use them traps they use in America, can’t think of name but somebody will know?

10 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Snares are out question, as a few dogs an cats are about an they asked me not to snare, traps in tunnels or boxes sound best am checking them an resetting them ain’t a problem tbh, neither is bait if needed but I’d prefer to jist bait natural runs?? 

Whats my trap options here? Does it have to be fenn traps? What’s a snapper trap ? Them cartoon Tom an Jerry ones or ones with place jaws?

cant I use them traps they use in America, can’t think of name but somebody will know?

T REX         RAT TRAP   £ 60 FOR  10  POSTED FROM AMAZON 

2 hours ago, micky said:

T REX         RAT TRAP   £ 60 FOR  10  POSTED FROM AMAZON 

They as good as fenns or them american ones micky? Rather pay but more for the better traps. Il prob get money back anyways 😁😂