Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

6 so far and still going......

has he married one of the waltons? 

This was a Tamworth on a spit at my lads wedding. Cheers Arry

Posted Images

2 hours ago, WILF said:

Stopped at 10 in the end mate.

Just in time for a hog roast at summers bbq's.a suckling pig sell's for as much as a bacon pig in you find the right buyers.

You keeping all for the freezer or selling as weaners or whats your plan for them.?

55 minutes ago, ginger beard said:

Just in time for a hog roast at summers bbq's.a suckling pig sell's for as much as a bacon pig in you find the right buyers.

You keeping all for the freezer or selling as weaners or whats your plan for them.?

I’m keeping back a sow to add to my breeding stock, I may sell a couple and I’m going to see if I can get some into the local butcher.

Obviously I’ll eat my share mate.

• Like 1

Nice one mate...

Pigs are next on the list for me, a bit of work to do renovation wise and then some more livestock....mind you I've still got 3 turkeys running about the place that survived Christmas, I'm certainly not the best farmer yet...lol

• Haha 1
  • 1 month later...

Went in and see the local butcher today, said to him I’ll give him a pig to see how he gets on with it.

He was only too happy to be able to offer free range pork in his shop.

He offered to pay but I said no, there’s a method to my madness and if it go’s down well then we can have a deal after.

• Like 3
8 hours ago, WILF said:

Went in and see the local butcher today, said to him I’ll give him a pig to see how he gets on with it.

He was only too happy to be able to offer free range pork in his shop.

He offered to pay but I said no, there’s a method to my madness and if it go’s down well then we can have a deal after.

Send me one Wilf, i'll let you know how it goes down ?

• Haha 2
On ‎27‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 10:25, Greyman said:

Piece of piss mate £40 quid from local slaughter house, thread it on a bar wrap it in chicken wire and get spinning ??

P1000086.thumb.JPG.b3311496a13443f32a2bc530c7bf7813.JPG

• Like 1
13 hours ago, fred90 said:

has he married one of the waltons? 

Ha Ha Fred, No mate, But ! Its was not your average suit and tie job. My Lad and his wife live on the side of Dartmoor in his in-laws thatched farm house surrounded by a few fields then woodland. Wedding was in a field the food, Drink Bar and Band in the Barn, The Pig Roast was 50 yards or so up the drive keep away from the smoke, the lads in charge had the hats on keep the smoke off a bit. So looking back made the Waltons look clean cut Lol.

Brilliant day wish all weddings were like it.

Cheers Arry

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Arry said:

Ha Ha Fred, No mate, But ! Its was not your average suit and tie job. My Lad and his wife live on the side of Dartmoor in his in-laws thatched farm house surrounded by a few fields then woodland. Wedding was in a field the food, Drink Bar and Band in the Barn, The Pig Roast was 50 yards or so up the drive keep away from the smoke, the lads in charge had the hats on keep the smoke off a bit. So looking back made the Waltons look clean cut Lol.

Brilliant day wish all weddings were like it.

Cheers Arry

I was only having a joke mate. it looks a great day my type of wedding ?

• Like 1