Following on from new ground post,I've been granted a variation on my certificate for a .223.

Ive narrowed my choice down,due to reading reviews on the internet etc,to either a Howa 1500 or a CZ 527 America both are secondhand and both come with mod.

If anyone here uses either I would appreciate the feedback good or bad,thanks ?

Pal had the CZ 527 Synthetic in .223 and it was incredibly accurate but a tad let down by the stock, the American has a wooden stock if I remember correctly, should be fine.  Slightly unusual dovetail size on the CZ I believe, but doesn't seem to stop people buying them.

Howa make decent guns but never seem to get the acclaim they deserve.

Both are good options.

If they are in similar condition and similar price then just get the lightest, no need to hump around a heavy rifle in the field.

:thumbs:

• Like 2

Although my opinion counts for nothing, I’d go for the CZ I’ve fired both and couldn’t get away with the howa, it really didn’t feel very well put together, this may have been the synthetic stock

Edited by Stavross
  • Like 2
9 hours ago, Stavross said:

Although my opinion counts for nothing, I’d go for the CZ I’ve fired both and couldn’t get away with the howa, it really didn’t feel very well put together, this may have been the synthetic stock

Thanks pal all opinions count ??

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...