A few pics from 2018 into 2019... great first season

Nice looking little bitch , reminds me of my first decent terrier Amy . She was a cracker and I was keen to show her . Problem was she had one ear that was pricked up . I tried everything to get it to flop over , I even put a peg on it , and it seemed to work, I entered the ring and they were both down and I was feeling confident, then as I was walking around she started to trot a bit and I looked down and it was stood up . I just walked out and gave up any hope of showing her . But where it really mattered she was first class and probably as good a terrier as I’ve had , and because I was so keen she got a lot of work , and I must have dug and bolted hundreds of animals with her . 

• Like 5
On ‎26‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 09:11, Northumberlandkeeper said:

Thanks, I couldn't ask any more of her she's been textbook. Bitch line goes back to some top stuff  

Unless I'm very mistaken, I suspect there's at least one of her ancestors in this photo, which was probably taken somewhere in the 1980's.

But M.N. will definitely know better than I do on both of those scores ?

She's a nice bitch and I know you'll enjoy.

TAMPIC.jpg.4bdd353d8c0324bb62326280983f621b.jpg

• Like 3
10 hours ago, Wideboy said:

Nice pic that, that’s JN with the blurred face I take it. I whipped in to MN for 5 years up North!!  

It is indeed..... I did the terriers for M's father (J) and his successors for 18 seasons, but we "occupied ourselves" with the terriers pretty much all year round. I guess we were very fortunate to have lived during somewhat more relaxed times ? 

Edited by Barrie
  • Like 7
11 hours ago, Barrie said:

Unless I'm very mistaken, I suspect there's at least one of her ancestors in this photo, which was probably taken somewhere in the 1980's.

But M.N. will definitely know better than I do on both of those scores ?

She's a nice bitch and I know you'll enjoy.

TAMPIC.jpg.4bdd353d8c0324bb62326280983f621b.jpg

Lovely pic and some great times I bet. Yes I've no doubt she will go back to terriers in the pic. Scuffle is a throwback to her grandma according to MN. Look forward to meeting you Barrie 

Andy

Edited by Northumberlandkeeper
9 minutes ago, Northumberlandkeeper said:

Scuffle is a throwback to her grandma according to MN.

Hi Andy

In that case I suspect her grandma is probably "Tam" (I hope my grey cells aren't letting me down on names here), if so she is the red bitch in the foreground and very much of a similar type. She was a good all round honest bitch, I'm pretty sure her mother was "Mopsy" who came down from the Blencathra several years before, but once again MN would know far better than I.

Kindest Regards - Barrie 

23 minutes ago, Barrie said:

Hi Andy

In that case I suspect her grandma is probably "Tam" (I hope my grey cells aren't letting me down on names here), if so she is the red bitch in the foreground and very much of a similar type. She was a good all round honest bitch, I'm pretty sure her mother was "Mopsy" who came down from the Blencathra several years before, but once again MN would know far better than I.

Kindest Regards - Barrie 

Ive checked with him. Her Grandma was MN's Guinea. Bred Out of Frank Riley's Tilli 

Kind regards 

Andy

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Northumberlandkeeper said:

Ive checked with him. Her Grandma was MN's Guinea. Bred Out of Frank Riley's Tilli 

Kind regards 

Andy 

Which just goes to prove that facts and opinions (no matter how well intentioned) are all too often a million miles apart LOL ? 

Kindest Regards - Barrie

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
On 26/04/2019 at 09:11, Northumberlandkeeper said:

Thanks, I couldn't ask any more of her she's been textbook. Bitch line goes back to some top stuff 

Looks similar to ward bred stuff.

Edited by jossa