Had a good morning at Black Cat ?

It was about time that I tried out the 2 rifles that I swapped for my HW100 and, where better locally than Black Cat.

....... The morning started out fine and sunny but, we were forecast a bit of rain around midday so, the covered shooting bench would be ideal - that's exactly what happened.

Plus, there's always a good bunch of lads down there :good:

........ As it happens, Dave was down there today with my '100 - he's been liking it set up with his Photon.

Anyway, first up was the S400 .177 with a Hawke Vantage Max 4-12x40 - it does have a Rowan mag conversion but, today I just tried a few different pellets on single shot.

........ I know that it already likes AADFs and Biz' Mags so, this was more like 'pellet pissing about' than pellet testing - I got an H&N pellet sample pack and, put through 10 shots of each at 30yrds.

Hollow Point 7.19gn

Sniper Light 7.5gn

Terminators 7.25gn

Red Scorpion 8.49gn

Baracuda Hunter Extreme 9.57gn

Hornets 10.03gn

Baracuda Power 10.65gn

Sniper Magnum 15gn

I wasn't expecting much but, the Terminators did surprise me - they may actually be worthy of further testing for a go on rats :hmm:

The Sniper Magnums needed 2 mildots holdover to get them onto the target.

The worse by far were the Baracuda Power (see the marks at the bottom of the target) - They impacted lower than the Sniper Magnums.

IMG_20190424_145226.jpg

IMG_20190424_145323.jpg

IMG_20190424_145403.jpg

• Like 2

Next was the HW77k .22 with a Niko Sterling Diamond 3-9x42 - this scope has a No4 dot reticle that I've always liked - nice n' simple.

Because the rifle is .22 and, the scope doesn't have adjustable parallax, I'm using it on x4 mag but, again, I'm quite liking that :yes:

I spent a while checking the zero, then shot a couple of 15 shot groups at 30yrds.

Falcon Accuracy Plus 13.43gn

Polymag Shorts 15.75gn

The FAPs are definitely what I'll be using with this one.

The rifle does twang - pretty badly with the Polymags so, I'll definitely be having it apart at some point. I'll also get an adjustable butt pad for it as well.

I tried to like a '97 in the past but, I just couldn't seem to get to grips with it - this '77 seems different :hmm:

IMG_20190424_145517.jpg

IMG_20190424_145609.jpg

• Like 3

It's always nice down at Black Cat when the greenery and leaves return in the spring so, here's a picture of the range and the lads :good: :laugh:

Oh, and a bonus picture of the goose egg sandwich that I had when I got home :thumbs:

........... That was a good morning :yes:

IMG_20190424_145703.jpg

IMG_20190424_145743.jpg

IMG_20190424_145900.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

A good morning out then Jon

im hungry now twat

rifles look ace mate ?

ill have to have a look at black cat if im ever down your way some time

I mean come on some one has to show Davy how to shoot :tongue2::laugh:

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

Cheers Jimmy :thumbs:

Try to make it down for the summer weekender mate - it'd be good to have you there and, I reckon you'd enjoy it :yes: :thumbs:

May try Jon me and the wife are looking for some where different to go this year 

for a week end

may even bring tiny Tim (si) and his lass along

then the two lasses can bugger off and we can go shooting (no crows or pigeons?:whistling:)

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, bigmac 97kt said:

May try Jon me and the wife are looking for some where different to go this year 

for a week end

may even bring tiny Tim (si) and his lass along

then the two lasses can bugger off and we can go shooting (no crows or pigeons?:whistling:)

Of course mate :whistling:

I've got a few places that we can go and hunt down here now :thumbs:

lovely looking guns jon mate,yeh had a great holiday to celebrate my daughters 16th birthday,she had me on all the rides at siam park mate that was some experience,but all in a lovely break no hols now till dubia in july

• Like 1
10 hours ago, philpot said:

Love the look of the 77 Jon. Is that you dressed in black with a bald head, the guy on the right. ?

Phil

That's big Mark - that was the first time that I'd met him. 

Next to him is Dave - he's on the committee at Black Cat and, I sometimes go hunting with him.

I can'tremember the names of the next 2 but, they we're a good laugh.

On the far end is Keith, he's also on the committee - he's mr-mswindon on AGF :thumbs:

• Like 1
10 hours ago, timmytree said:

Let me know when the weekender is Jon, I'll try and free up a weekend. I could do with a weekend at Black Cat.

I think they do one every summer mate - they do them for a chosen charity :thumbs: