Bad day for hunting

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pot calling the kettle black there DC , your slagging the shooters most of which don’t get to shoot pheasants but get there sport from pigeon / pest control etc who by an large were totally against an

I do hope this, along with the numerous game farms that have been targeted this year plus revoking of shoot licences on council land, at least begins to open the eyes of the gunmen to the battle that

I don’t care who’s fault it is, I just hope Cwis Pwackham gets AIDS !........and I hope it’s a giant great black c**t that’s gives him it!

Posted Images

16 hours ago, sussex said:

Pot calling the kettle black there DC , your slagging the shooters most of which don’t get to shoot pheasants but get there sport from pigeon / pest control etc who by an large were totally against any ban on hunting .Plenty of us shooters did the march and demo’s at the time but there wasn’t a vote from ordinary people ( not that it would have been listened to given the present situation regarding the will of the people ) wether to ban it ! I don’t know one shooting man , and I include plenty of mates that do shoot pheasants that agreed with the ban . The decision to ban hunting had fcuk all to do with hunting and who supported it , it was a political concession by Blair to appease his party ..

As for fishermen they were never generally bothered by the ban because they were shortsighted enough to believe they are safe from the anti brigade , were as most ordinary shooting people could see the writing on the wall , they don’t or didn’t think they would be vulnerable. They may be the last field field sport on the menu but on the menu they are ...grouse shooting will be next , another persieved rich man’s sport so not a problem we can just say fcuk them  , then driven , same as , then shooting in all its forms from pest control to stalking , game fishing , another fcuk the rich boys  before getting to the working man’s sport , sea and course fishing ..the biggest participation sport in the country ..by which time I’ll be dead and pleased I am ..

Slagging of shooters and pleased they are going to be next is exactly whatChris Crapham and his anti mates want , but the biggest losers in all this will be the wildlife 

Im not pleased,far from it pal....if you were given the choice tommorrow to keep your guns ?or be allowed to hunt with dogs again unhinded????what would you choose fella???? I  dig ground vermin under the protection of gamebird act,and run a longdog....every single shooter I know would pick their guns....you all couldn't wait to distance your selves from lurcher/terrier lads?blame us for any old shite,so you can go around paying for permission shooting everything that moves and f**k the rest?I don't give 2 fucks....I paddle my own canoe....and will carry on regardless,looking after my own interests,have done since the ban came in?

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

Im not pleased,far from it pal....if you were given the choice tommorrow to keep your guns ?or be allowed to hunt with dogs again unhinded????what would you choose fella???? I  dig ground vermin under the protection of gamebird act,and run a longdog....every single shooter I know would pick their guns....you all couldn't wait to distance your selves from lurcher/terrier lads?blame us for any old shite,so you can go around paying for permission shooting everything that moves and f**k the rest?I don't give 2 fucks....I paddle my own canoe....and will carry on regardless,looking after my own interests,have done since the ban came in?

I agree, one look at pigeon watch would tell anybody all they need to know about how much support dog lads have in the shooting community !

• Like 3

No one is going to get a choice to retain anything , same as no one got the choice to loose hunting but I would obviously keep my guns mainly because my digging days have long gone  . I for one never distanced myself from working dogs of any kind and as for paying for permission I’ve never done that either,  like you a lot of what I do also comes under the protection of gamebirds act .Where you get every one who shoots couldn’t wait to distance themselves from the terrier boys is a mystery ! just because you keep saying it dosen’t make it true .Like me a lot of the old boys I shoot with have had running dogs and terriers in there past and made good use of them , old age gets everyone ..I’m glad there’s still lads with loads of money to chuck at pheasant shooting , it’s because of them I get my free corvid shooting , It’s alright paddling your own canoe but if the river of sport dries up we’re all up shitcreek with fcuk all to do ..

whats the shit about shooting every thing that moves ? If I’m out shooting crows , doing a job for the keeper at what point do I stop . ? Same as pigeon shooting , if your protecting a crop surely it’s a case of do your best ...if your out digging your doing a job , do you stop at one if you have a chance to get two ? I cull deer on two estates , I don’t pay , but I look on it as a job as much as a sport and the very last thing you would do is shoot every one that moves ..

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, WILF said:

I agree, one look at pigeon watch would tell anybody all they need to know about how much support dog lads have in the shooting community !

I would agree with that wilf?It's always been a class thing,those that shoot look down on the terrier and lurcher lads....but if we were all honest,we need /needed each other for  any sort of hunting to continue?how do you get that sly fox that's smashed a pen.full of poults?its wise to night shooting and human scent around snares etc?if you got no birds ,you got no shooting?‍♂️until folks learn to live and let live....stand together,then we are truly f****d imo?everything the working man had is being pulled from under us....countries f****d....with Muslims,slippery MP's,brexit lol and even more restrictions on a man's hobbies/lifestyle choice...

but as always we will just bitch and argue amongst ourselves on social media platforms and roll over and take it ?

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, WILF said:

And that’s the heart  of the problem and why the antis will win eventually , finger pointing , a few keyboard warriors the vast majority never get out more than a few times a year sit and spout of on a forum and every one takes that as the official view of anyone that shoots pigeons , be the same on the stalking forums and all the boys on the dog forums will be slagging shooters and stalkers and so it goes on , meanwhile the joined up antis chip away at the weakest link with great effect ..

I don’t know one lad I shoot with who supports the ban on hunting with dogs , not one and I’ve been involved with field sports in one way or another for well over forty years ..taking what a few key board hunters say on a forum and holding them up as an example is bolloc ks .. there was 400,000 people on the march don’t tell me they were just the dog boys for fcuk sake ! 

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, sussex said:

No one is going to get a choice to retain anything , same as no one got the choice to loose hunting but I would obviously keep my guns mainly because my digging days have long gone  . I for one never distanced myself from working dogs of any kind and as for paying for permission I’ve never done that either,  like you a lot of what I do also comes under the protection of gamebirds act .Where you get every one who shoots couldn’t wait to distance themselves from the terrier boys is a mystery ! just because you keep saying it dosen’t make it true .Like me a lot of the old boys I shoot with have had running dogs and terriers in there past and made good use of them , old age gets everyone ..I’m glad there’s still lads with loads of money to chuck at pheasant shooting , it’s because of them I get my free corvid shooting , It’s alright paddling your own canoe but if the river of sport dries up we’re all up shitcreek with fcuk all to do ..

whats the shit about shooting every thing that moves ? If I’m out shooting crows , doing a job for the keeper at what point do I stop . ? Same as pigeon shooting , if your protecting a crop surely it’s a case of do your best ...if your out digging your doing a job , do you stop at one if you have a chance to get two ? I cull deer on two estates , I don’t pay , but I look on it as a job as much as a sport and the very last thing you would do is shoot every one that moves ..

fairplay to you.....but your in a very small minority ,and I  will stick to my original opinion ?atb?

1 minute ago, Daniel cain said:

fairplay to you.....but your in a very small minority ,and I  will stick to my original opinion ?atb?

Were singing from the same sheet Dan , were just singing different verses ...

You’ll  be pleased to know I’m not a minority , loads of the pheasant boys who shoot and run syndicates are working lads that have done good and come up the ranks and look down on no one  , sure there’s a top end to shooting but there’s always a top end to most things in life , do be fooled by the class war shit the only people we need to fight are the political elite peddling it ..

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, sussex said:

Were singing from the same sheet Dan , were just singing different verses ...

You’ll  be pleased to know I’m not a minority , loads of the pheasant boys who shoot and run syndicates are working lads that have done good and come up the ranks and look down on no one  , sure there’s a top end to shooting but there’s always a top end to most things in life , do be fooled by the class war shit the only people we need to fight are the political elite peddling it ..

I'm out of likes ?

• Like 1

The problem with this country now is people only care about themselves and not their neighbour.

See some random bloke getting a  shoein in the street and people don't intervene because he could be a peadoe or u could get stabbed.

People who are into hunting and field sports are supportive of the ones they do, not the whole thing.

Antis are united against all hunting and fieldsports and it's easy for them to drum up support from the neutral crowd via Cwis Packham coverage and also the photos the dickhead dog owners put on fbook and the likes.

My misus is totally neutral and I know I could convince her for either side selecting the right media and pictures etc. The issue is the anti hunting pictures and coverage are easier to find. A picture of a field barron of crop doesn't touch the heart! Especially when u put it next to a picture of a young lad in Adidas bottoms, Nike air max and baseball cap holding 2 bullx, smiling next to a fox with its throat chewed out with the 'pic pre ban' tag.

All those into hunting will stand about blaming each other while the Antis have a common cause.

War is over fellas.

Poaching for everyone now so that includes the few that actually had permission. Hopefully then wankers will stop posting pictures and fueling the fire.

• Like 1

I would agree with that wilf?It's always been a class thing,those that shoot look down on the terrier and lurcher lads....but if we were all honest,we need /needed each other for  any sort of hunting to continue?how do you get that sly fox that's smashed a pen.full of poults?its wise to night shooting and human scent around snares etc?if you got no birds ,you got no shooting?‍♂️until folks learn to live and let live....stand together,then we are truly f****d imo?everything the working man had is being pulled from under us....countries f****d....with Muslims,slippery MP's,brexit lol and even more restrictions on a man's hobbies/lifestyle choice...

but as always we will just bitch and argue amongst ourselves on social media platforms and roll over and take it ?

To be fair, I found the well off folks were sound as far as lurcher and terriers are concerned......right upto a certain HRH who loved a bit of lurcher work.

Ive had nights on the lamp with lads who mixed in those circles and were part of that circle......they really liked to graft dogs.

So no, I don’t agree it’s a class thing......it’s more an uninformed thing amongst people who only shoot and think that makes them part of a select club.

Edited by WILF
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Perhaps I'm just getting old but I can't keep up with this, I believe I have counted this topic in 5 different threads in different places on THL and I keep darting from one to the other and lose track of conversations.

I think the idea is that NE is looking at the situation and rewording the GL for individual species and individual reasons, and new GL versions will start to emerge in the next few days, although full rewriting and implementation will take several weeks.

If all the threads were combined it would be a lot easier for old boys like me to follow!

:D

• Like 2