Bad day for hunting

I can't see it making a difference at all .most crows  /corvies/woodies are shot on farm land  so as long as farmer  says he tried all non lethal means to protect his crops  he can control these pests    .( I think lol) I'm sure someone will know better than me

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pot calling the kettle black there DC , your slagging the shooters most of which don’t get to shoot pheasants but get there sport from pigeon / pest control etc who by an large were totally against an

I do hope this, along with the numerous game farms that have been targeted this year plus revoking of shoot licences on council land, at least begins to open the eyes of the gunmen to the battle that

I don’t care who’s fault it is, I just hope Cwis Pwackham gets AIDS !........and I hope it’s a giant great black c**t that’s gives him it!

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

shooters dont give 2 fucks for any other feildsports.

1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

Shooters have only had their own interests at heart since the ban....willing to sell anyone else out so they get to keep their shit.

Not all of us Dan - I only shoot air rifles but, I know a fair few shooters that don't want to see a ban on any field sports.

......... I don't want to see any of it banned - crack on as you are and enjoy it.

:thumbs:

• Like 4

This seems to be some sort of kneejerk reaction but individual licences can still be applied for.

The GL has nothing to do with Sport or Hunting, there are seasons for that, the GL is only about PEST CONTROL under designated circumstances!

• Like 1

I do hope this, along with the numerous game farms that have been targeted this year plus revoking of shoot licences on council land, at least begins to open the eyes of the gunmen to the battle that we are involved in. 

The CA and I believe basc are seeking legal advice and their are hopes that this can be changed. 

Drop the rich man poor man bollocks. Just like with brexit, unite and fight or loose all. Be a positive force, not whining about others. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
6 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

packham and the clowns won't be happy until all birds of prey , ,water voles,dormice etc are gone for good and they can run around,hanging out the arse end of the billys and mink etc taking over the countryside.....fishing for pleasure will be next?if all the fishermen/women in the uk had voted with us to keep hunting then I'm sure we would of still been free to do as we please.....no way back then did they want to be associated with hunters.....and most would sit by now and say f**k all.....we are all to busy arguing amongst ourselves,running down the next man and his choice ....just have a look on every thread on here?nuff said..?

Pot calling the kettle black there DC , your slagging the shooters most of which don’t get to shoot pheasants but get there sport from pigeon / pest control etc who by an large were totally against any ban on hunting .Plenty of us shooters did the march and demo’s at the time but there wasn’t a vote from ordinary people ( not that it would have been listened to given the present situation regarding the will of the people ) wether to ban it ! I don’t know one shooting man , and I include plenty of mates that do shoot pheasants that agreed with the ban . The decision to ban hunting had fcuk all to do with hunting and who supported it , it was a political concession by Blair to appease his party ..

As for fishermen they were never generally bothered by the ban because they were shortsighted enough to believe they are safe from the anti brigade , were as most ordinary shooting people could see the writing on the wall , they don’t or didn’t think they would be vulnerable. They may be the last field field sport on the menu but on the menu they are ...grouse shooting will be next , another persieved rich man’s sport so not a problem we can just say fcuk them  , then driven , same as , then shooting in all its forms from pest control to stalking , game fishing , another fcuk the rich boys  before getting to the working man’s sport , sea and course fishing ..the biggest participation sport in the country ..by which time I’ll be dead and pleased I am ..

Slagging of shooters and pleased they are going to be next is exactly whatChris Crapham and his anti mates want , but the biggest losers in all this will be the wildlife ...

• Like 15
3 hours ago, sussex said:

Pot calling the kettle black there DC , your slagging the shooters most of which don’t get to shoot pheasants but get there sport from pigeon / pest control etc who by an large were totally against any ban on hunting .Plenty of us shooters did the march and demo’s at the time but there wasn’t a vote from ordinary people ( not that it would have been listened to given the present situation regarding the will of the people ) wether to ban it ! I don’t know one shooting man , and I include plenty of mates that do shoot pheasants that agreed with the ban . The decision to ban hunting had fcuk all to do with hunting and who supported it , it was a political concession by Blair to appease his party ..

As for fishermen they were never generally bothered by the ban because they were shortsighted enough to believe they are safe from the anti brigade , were as most ordinary shooting people could see the writing on the wall , they don’t or didn’t think they would be vulnerable. They may be the last field field sport on the menu but on the menu they are ...grouse shooting will be next , another persieved rich man’s sport so not a problem we can just say fcuk them  , then driven , same as , then shooting in all its forms from pest control to stalking , game fishing , another fcuk the rich boys  before getting to the working man’s sport , sea and course fishing ..the biggest participation sport in the country ..by which time I’ll be dead and pleased I am ..

Slagging of shooters and pleased they are going to be next is exactly whatChris Crapham and his anti mates want , but the biggest losers in all this will be the wildlife ...

Well said mate

They will pick us all off one by one. Years ago I tried to get my fishing club to stand by Fox Hunting as I was on the committee and was on Wyvern Committee (Fishing Committee for National Federation of Sea Anglers) to no avail, they didn't want to know. Together we stand divided we fall.

Cheers Arry

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We've known about this challenge for a little while.

April 5th 2019

The general licences that allow for the shooting of pest bird species, including crows, feral pigeons, Canada geese and lesser black-backed gulls, are to be challenged in the courts by a campaign group.
Wild Justice, a private company set up by TV presenter Chris Packham, raptor blogger Dr Ruth Tingay and former RSPB conservation director Dr Mark Avery, has announced that it is raising funds to challenge the legality of the general licences in court.

https://www.shootinguk.co.uk/news/threat-general-licences-105580 

I think this suspension though has caught everyone by surprise.

I assume it's suspended while the legal case is being fought?

2 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

We've known about this challenge for a little while.

I think this suspension though has caught everyone by surprise.

I assume it's suspended while the legal case is being fought?

That's the impression I'm getting mate. Some technicality with the wording on the current licences. They will be reissued with different wording shortly that will stand up to legal challenges like the current one? 

43 minutes ago, Malt said:

That's the impression I'm getting mate. Some technicality with the wording on the current licences. They will be reissued with different wording shortly that will stand up to legal challenges like the current one? 

Looks that way. But it depends on the outcome of it all I suppose. These Wild Justice wankers argument is that the responsibility for judging whether lethal control is necessary should lie with NE, not the individual keeper/farmer/pesty/Gun. Therefore a General Licensing system is illegal and should be replaced with a Individual Licensing system on a case by case basis. Like what we currently have for cormorants etc I suppose?

It's not clear to me if this has been legally decided on or if it is in the early stages of being fought over? Even if it has surely it can be escalated to a higher court for appeal?

Potentially the statute responsible for the GL (Wildlife & Countryside Act?) may need amending....

Waste of tax payers money for what I think any reasonable bumpkin or towny will see as ridiculous.

Frankly, I've thought it is mental that there isn't a GL allowing us to shoot species of low conservation concern simply for the pot! But we have tolerated that because of the loopholes the other GLs have allowed us, up until now.