General license for bird control revoked

What normally happens with them is they are presented to who is concerned with the outcome of the petition in this case the BBC, they also sometimes gain a lot of media attention, but at the end of the day it’s down to the BBC if they pay any attention to it 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just a little bit of advice, don’t put any pictures on line of any birds until we all know where we stand on this

https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/4LIRL/ please fill this complaints form out, asking why they have allowed Chris Packham to influence their decision on the general licence

I believe it is illegal to use drugs and sell them but it still happens. I believe its  actually an offense to stab someone, but it still happens  But shoot a magpie, ooooh no, how could you

1 hour ago, goldfinger said:

Can anyone please explain what exactly is going to happen with this petition,were will be presented and to whom.?

Nothing probably, but it has certainly generated some poor publicity for CP.

Don't they say that all publicity is good publicity ? The mind frame of someone like ole kiwis is that he's right, your wrong and he couldn't give a flying f**k about anything other than what he thinks. 

NE have released a statement showing the order in which the new GL will be released, this is a pure pest control set of licenses, so they will definitely be worth a good read to make sure your shooting falls the right side of the law

what is important is this is a GL so no need for an individual license, so at least I can carry on on the sheep farm if I’m needed 

Edited by Stavross
  • Like 1
51 minutes ago, Stavross said:

NE have released a statement showing the order in which the new GL will be released, this is a pure pest control set of licenses, so they will definitely be worth a good read to make sure your shooting falls the right side of the law

what is important is this is a GL so no need for an individual license, so at least I can carry on on the sheep farm if I’m needed 

I picked up a 6 day old lamb today no eyes, no tongue, no ears & no arsehole. I just hope it was already dead (checked at 7am Thursday & 6am today).

I'm out on crows tomorrow. Shot over 130 in last few weeks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s a horrible thing to see and sometimes I’ve seen to often and I know you lads will look after your ewes and lambs no matter what and it should never have got to the point where you could of been on the wrong side of the law 

• Like 1

Generally meat eaters are very tolerant of vegetarians and even vegans but it amazes me how intolerent they are of meat eaters! Most non meat eaters are avid campaigners against any form of killing but some extremists don't mind persecuting fellow humans in place of an animal!

Thus is self righteousness. Imperfect humans can not see the whole picture all the time and is prone to losing his balance on subjects.

We must remain calm and patient with these ones.

• Like 2

My reply from NE
I acknowledge receipt of your email query regarding wildlife licences for action previously covered under the recently withdrawn general licences, to take or kill wild birds. Apologies for the delay in responding while clarifying the options available to replace the withdrawn licences. Unfortunately, as you are probably aware, the timing of this decision was a result of circumstances outside of Natural England’s control.

It is expected that, over time, most situations currently covered by the three general licences will be covered by new, targeted licences. These will be made available as soon as possible. A licence to kill or take carrion crows (GL26) has already been put in place, and others will follow shortly, prioritising those methods that are most urgent and in demand at this time of year. Please see Natural England for updates on progress being made to replace the withdrawn licences. An indicative time-table for the introduction of the new licences can be found here: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/797975/natural-england-general-licence-position-statement.pdf

If you are not in position to await the new general licence which covers the particular actions/bird species your circumstances require there is an option to apply for a licence. Natural England have put in place a new and simplified application process for licencing individuals who urgently need a licence. Please see Wild birds: licence to control certain species for details, including a number of specific application forms. Please submit your (fully and correctly completed) application using the most appropriate form(s) for your circumstances. 

Please also ensure that all relevant non-lethal methods of control are being utilised where practicable: Wild birds: prevent damage to your land, farm, fishery or business.

(Please note the A08 licence application process is not the correct option to be able to legally continue to use lethal control methods previously covered by the general licences. Natural England are not assessing and issuing licences for these methods under the A08 application process.)

If you cannot find an answer to your query on our website please contact the enquiry team on 0300 060 3900 or email enquiries@naturalengland.org.uk. Thank you.

• Like 1

Totally agree ,downloaded the crow licence for arse covering in case of arseoles .Had the same reply as you both hopefully theyre in their office now cobbling together a new pigeon/pest bird licence over the choclate hobnobs.

My friend has a "control" licence for Cormorants and always carries it as he says the 1 time you dont some pecker head will cause trouble .Be safe and take something for the weekend gents :thumbs:

8 hours ago, Baldcoot said:

Totally agree ,downloaded the crow licence for arse covering in case of arseoles .Had the same reply as you both hopefully theyre in their office now cobbling together a new pigeon/pest bird licence over the choclate hobnobs.

My friend has a "control" licence for Cormorants and always carries it as he says the 1 time you dont some pecker head will cause trouble .Be safe and take something for the weekend gents :thumbs:

Same here, I always have my cormorant license with me in case of someone having a go.