General license for bird control revoked

3 minutes ago, steg said:

Wonder where we will stand then if he doesn't apply for one or delays it but still says come on.. I'll sort it..carry on regardless?!  Errrm..Can I see your licence please Mr farmer/ keeper/landowner?

air rifles all to be licenced as scotland £100+,  BPCA/RSPH2 certificates, £1000+  full pest control insurance not just BASC £300+ proof of working as a full time pest controller ie BPCA/NPTA approved and a Natural England licence £ ££££

Thats where this will go.  Ive already got all this but get ready lads it will become expensive to shoot.

iwm

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just a little bit of advice, don’t put any pictures on line of any birds until we all know where we stand on this

https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/4LIRL/ please fill this complaints form out, asking why they have allowed Chris Packham to influence their decision on the general licence

I believe it is illegal to use drugs and sell them but it still happens. I believe its  actually an offense to stab someone, but it still happens  But shoot a magpie, ooooh no, how could you

18 minutes ago, steg said:

Wonder where we will stand then if he doesn't apply for one or delays it but still says come on.. I'll sort it..carry on regardless?!  Errrm..Can I see your licence please Mr farmer/ keeper/landowner?

I would of thought people will just carry on as they are, there isn’t the resources to police this

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, iwm said:

air rifles all to be licenced as scotland £100+,  BPCA/RSPH2 certificates, £1000+  full pest control insurance not just BASC £300+ proof of working as a full time pest controller ie BPCA/NPTA approved and a Natural England licence £ ££££

Thats where this will go.  Ive already got all this but get ready lads it will become expensive to shoot.

iwm

It'll just go underground and become completely out of control.

All respect for species and closed seasons will go out of control.

Illegal firearms will abound and archery equipment will boom in sales.

What was a legit pastime for law abiding tax payers for centuries will become an underworld society resulting in opportunities for organised crime to flourish.

Britain, the land of many fools!

Edited by Sausagedog
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Perhaps I'm just getting old but I can't keep up with this, I believe I have counted this topic in 5 different threads in different places on THL and I keep darting from one to the other and lose track of conversations.

I think the idea is that NE is looking at the situation and rewording the GL for individual species and individual reasons, and new GL versions will start to emerge in the next few days, although full rewriting and implementation will take several weeks.

If all the threads were combined it would be a lot easier for old boys like me to follow!

:D

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, Deker said:

Perhaps I'm just getting old but I can't keep up with this, I believe I have counted this topic in 5 different threads in different places on THL and I keep darting from one to the other and lose track of conversations.

I think the idea is that NE is looking at the situation and rewording the GL for individual species and individual reasons, and new GL versions will start to emerge in the next few days, although full rewriting and implementation will take several weeks.

If all the threads were combined it would be a lot easier for old boys like me to follow!

:D

And me ?

22 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

This subject is being discussed on radio 2 this afternoon after 12am

I feel the radio 2 listeners may not be very sympathetic to our argument, they’re more worried about the size of avocados in Waitrose ??‍♂️

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
18 hours ago, Alsone said:

TBH that's unfair. BASC could do nothing about this until NE announced they were withdrawing the general licences. 

As for the system now, apparently it seems NE is probably going to have a system of individual licences where every individual / farmer will have to apply for an individual licence for every single species they want to shoot on every single piece of land and no doubt have to prove there's no viable non lethal alternative. Most people may need many many licences! Seems likely costly and chaotic. I'd be very surprised if individuals don't have to pay a fee to cover the administration of every licence, although the latter hasn't been announced.

TBH that's unfair. BASC could do nothing about this until NE announced they were withdrawing the general licences. 

So tell us all what the high and mighty basc are all about ? They state that they are there to promote the interests of their members....... Our aim is to safeguard the future of shooting in the UK.

For this they charge ......

From their webpage 》》》》》

Full member (21+): £80
Senior Citizen member: £69
Junior (under 21): £28

• BASC has the UK’s only full-time firearms team, offering help and advice on all aspects of firearms law. The BASC team works to protect the lawful right to use all sporting guns
  • You will receive 6 copies of Shooting & Conservation magazine a year.
  •  
  • Safeguard the sport
  •  
  • Our aim is to safeguard the future of shooting in the UK.
  •  
  • To do this BASC campaigns in the UK and Europe. This is backed up by local, regional and national press campaigns......

So if this is their stated aim and they are charging the members up to £80 a year for full membership whats it for ?  Insurance cover can be bought for £30 from ccc3 and probably other sources.  And 6 crappy magazine's ?.

Basic saying they didn't know doesn't show much for their knowledge or grip on the situation does it.  If this happened in any commercial company or oganisation there would be investigations and resignations / charges would be persued.

"Our aim is to safeguard the future of shooting in the UK".   Not doing very well at it are they.  4 monkeys up 3.1/2 sticks comes to mind.  Still you do get 6 mags for your £50 of the sub. Your more than at liberty to waste your money cos that's what basc will do with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, Boss-Hog said:

there ye go shooters when banning hunting [BANNED TEXT] dogs many shooters i know said don't effect us, united we stand divided we fall first nail in [BANNED TEXT] coffin lol

This attitude will have Been the opinion of some who didn't hunt with dogs but the vast majority of shooters wouldn't have taken this view.  Look at the thousands of people who went on the London marches. The government took no notice at all. 

• Like 1