General license for bird control revoked

7 hours ago, Alsone said:

TBH that's unfair. BASC could do nothing about this until NE announced they were withdrawing the general licences. 

As for the system now, apparently it seems NE is probably going to have a system of individual licences where every individual / farmer will have to apply for an individual licence for every single species they want to shoot on every single piece of land and no doubt have to prove there's no viable non lethal alternative. Most people may need many many licences! Seems likely costly and chaotic. I'd be very surprised if individuals don't have to pay a fee to cover the administration of every licence, although the latter hasn't been announced.

If that's the case they will just end up with endless amounts of criminals the length of the country comitting no real crime what so ever. It'll just go on. What has been legal for century's and everything has been fine from it is not going to stop all of a sudden is it.

A bit like fox hunting with hounds I guess!

• Thanks 1

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just a little bit of advice, don’t put any pictures on line of any birds until we all know where we stand on this

https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/4LIRL/ please fill this complaints form out, asking why they have allowed Chris Packham to influence their decision on the general licence

I believe it is illegal to use drugs and sell them but it still happens. I believe its  actually an offense to stab someone, but it still happens  But shoot a magpie, ooooh no, how could you

I have just looked at Packems website. We could have been told about this weeks ago by BASC and started the ball rolling then (see packems twitterfeed)  instead of when its to late. Packem makes millions out of wildlife with clothing for sale etc, all i make is a living as a pest controller. We are been screwed by someone with  money yet again .I just hope its a good year on the wasps again,  What a peice of scum Packem is!!!!!!!

iwm

• Like 3

Someone sent me Chris packham’s home address last night, if you would like to contact him to discuss the matter at length ?

take a look at this topic in the air rifle section, I was sent an email last night and if it’s correct NE pulled the license for a good reason 

30 minutes ago, Stavross said:

To do it by the law the land owner still needs to apply for the personal pest control license 

Wonder where we will stand then if he doesn't apply for one or delays it but still says come on.. I'll sort it..carry on regardless?!  Errrm..Can I see your licence please Mr farmer/ keeper/landowner?

54 minutes ago, terryd said:

Pretty sickening to be honest this country is getting worse and worse. Time for a tardis get me back to the eighties sharpish 

Take me with you, and drop me off in the 70s ?

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

So has there been a response from the shooting trade, I’m sure once people stop buying cartridges for pest control they’ll feel it, if it’s going to take a couple of weeks to get the first licenses out, that’s a lot of cartridges not being fire across the country?