General license for bird control revoked

41 minutes ago, Davetyler said:

Someone had to say it and i couldnt hold it in. She isnt impressed lads. I can still go for the rabbits tho cant i???

My missus has given me green light to break the law!! Whoo!! 

• Like 1

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just a little bit of advice, don’t put any pictures on line of any birds until we all know where we stand on this

https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/4LIRL/ please fill this complaints form out, asking why they have allowed Chris Packham to influence their decision on the general licence

I believe it is illegal to use drugs and sell them but it still happens. I believe its  actually an offense to stab someone, but it still happens  But shoot a magpie, ooooh no, how could you

3 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Talking to a few lads today ,it’s only a technicality and will be reinstated very soon ,hopefully .Be open season on Packham then ,see how he likes it .

I would certainly like to think so, but only time will tell!

• Like 1

I was talking to someone earlier and he seems to think it will be reworded in some way, he brought up to points that I never thought of, firstly what if you were taking birds for food and secondly he thinks it will affect the air rifle lads because they are not licensed where as it states on my SG and FAC what they can be used for, it’s all a bit of a mess really, I can see us having to register for pest control and give the land we have permission on, but there’s no way on earth they could police this

I don't think they could handle the sheer volume of requests for licenses either. I printed an Individual License off today, all eleven pages and the detail is considerable then think how many perms you have then all the maps to have verified with grid references...........................no wonder I was transferred to Natural England voicemail today but as yet they have not phoned me back...........................perhaps a bit busy.

Phil

They have only allocated 3 staff to assist with license applications, as of tomorrow, and that will be 9-5 ,(if we are lucky). When the first license was required for herring gulls and greater black-backed gulls, it took nearly 6 months to get a license then. The scale of applicants for those licenses, in comparison to these, will be miniscule as well. 

I understand they are working on a FastTrack system to expedite licences.

Just the same, it must be pretty obvious to everyone there will be a backlog very quickly.

Lets hope this mess is all resolved asap.

I wonder if we should have a thread like this.  No doubt kiwis or some his nutter associates are reading this and taking a bent pleasure from it. Instead of venting anger over it those who waste their money on basc should be getting on to them as to why this happened without basc knowing anything about it. Still if it is anything like the hunting ban or pistols or lead shot  or the delay in issuing certificates they won't have any influence anyway. Basc is basically ineffective and a waste of money. Still you do get four mags for your money.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I just spent a nice couple of hours under a crows nest.

Eventually one of them returned ?.

I found the nest via the mallard and pheasant eggs littered about.

Of course I couldn't spot the meadow pipet and skylark eggs as they would of been wolfed down or the chicks would of. 

The do good experts don't see the little birds, little brown jobs they call them in a condescending way as if unimportant.

Oh well.....guess there will be more criminals now....nevermind

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Meece said:

Basc is basically ineffective and a waste of money. Still you do get four mags for your money.

TBH that's unfair. BASC could do nothing about this until NE announced they were withdrawing the general licences. 

As for the system now, apparently it seems NE is probably going to have a system of individual licences where every individual / farmer will have to apply for an individual licence for every single species they want to shoot on every single piece of land and no doubt have to prove there's no viable non lethal alternative. Most people may need many many licences! Seems likely costly and chaotic. I'd be very surprised if individuals don't have to pay a fee to cover the administration of every licence, although the latter hasn't been announced.