Changes to the general license

15 minutes ago, timmytree said:

There is a whole bunch of them from RSPB, friends of the earth etc. All very cozy and in it together. They are clever and devious as wellas being dangerous.

Very true tim, they're like sleeper agents plotting behind the scene. Pack of tw@ts

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am inclined to agree with Matt here and as it was only announced at 3.30pm BASC have had no time to do anything as yet plus the CLA will be up in arms and the farmers union plus the young farmers as

Thanks for your support Sue Fisher        

I thought I would share this with you lot, I’m not sure on the legality of sharing the email that has just been passed to me so I won’t post it on here the email is from an MP from Yorkshire, he

Posted Images

6 hours ago, timmytree said:

Of course there will, I bet 90% of shooters know nothing about whats going on. It's only really people that read the forums that know. There's very little been published elsewhere.

I've actual just signed up to twitter and follow all the shooting pages, feildsports channel, shooting UK etc, found some really good articles. Twitter has never interested me until the revoke came in. 

Where are we at with this then?

I read above it’s not as bad as we first thought, this that and the other.

I’ve had two texts this am, Sunday being my shooting day, from me landowner/land manager saying the magpies are in force in the walled gardens... they’ll no doubt end up shooting the fuckers themselves.

Without being technical, I’m just saying I can’t do anything at the minute... but they want a simple answer... yep, I’ll be there in a hour or no, can’t do shit. Sorry.

23 minutes ago, Rez said:

I’ve had two texts this am, Sunday being my shooting day, from me landowner/land manager saying the magpies are in force in the walled gardens... they’ll no doubt end up shooting the fuckers themselves.

Without being technical, I’m just saying I can’t do anything at the minute... but they want a simple answer... yep, I’ll be there in a hour or no, can’t do shit. Sorry.

It up to you if you tell people how you spend your sundays ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Rez said:

Apply for a licence online and even if it isn't immediately issued you can shoot as long as you have complied with conditions. So it is possible you CAN shoot today!

8 hours ago, Deker said:

Apply for a licence online and even if it isn't immediately issued you can shoot as long as you have complied with conditions. So it is possible you CAN shoot today!

???? So you can still shoot as long as you adhere to the conditions of a licence that you don't possess? How does that work as your application could possibly be refused? Would you not be breaking the law? Not trying to be pedantic but if you are stopped by the police and asked for a licence where does that leave you?   

7 minutes ago, delswal said:

???? So you can still shoot as long as you adhere to the conditions of a licence that you don't possess? How does that work as your application could possibly be refused? Would you not be breaking the law? Not trying to be pedantic but if you are stopped by the police and asked for a licence where does that leave you?   

If you manage to get your application dealt with online you will note a section at the bottom of the application that allows you to shoot if required before your licence is officially granted, but you MUST have a licence application logged with NE for this to apply.

Someone actually posted a copy of this section of the application somewhere in one of the many threads running on this subject!

:thumbs:

8 hours ago, Deker said:

If you manage to get your application dealt with online you will note a section at the bottom of the application that allows you to shoot if required before your licence is officially granted, but you MUST have a licence application logged with NE for this to apply.

Someone actually posted a copy of this section of the application somewhere in one of the many threads running on this subject!

? will have to see if I can find the copy, or if a mod comes across it could he not pin it ?

22 minutes ago, delswal said:

? will have to see if I can find the copy

xF0467B91-0814-4459-962B-4F6DB4DA37DE_png_5c4c12cafa8565bd88fa74d8d043128f_png_pagespeed_ic_MRGCF0ZanQ.png.9dfe88d61ba68d6a54d0e5b0ed70f0ac.png

As I mentioned someone else posted this, I just stole their post, sorry, I forget who it was!

Edited by Deker

So, it would appear that if you comply with the conditions and get your application logged, then advise NE after the work,  i.e. deal with a load of malarkey then you can shoot.

Fortunately for me at this time, I have no pressing jobs involving these particular GL so I hope things will have resolved themselves a bit by the time I need to. 

Canada geese are my main concern in the short term but......

9 minutes ago, Deker said:

xF0467B91-0814-4459-962B-4F6DB4DA37DE_png_5c4c12cafa8565bd88fa74d8d043128f_png_pagespeed_ic_MRGCF0ZanQ.png.9dfe88d61ba68d6a54d0e5b0ed70f0ac.png

Well... there’s a little gem of a find.

Seems we’ve all applied but the license never arrived ?

Joking aside, them few sentences there don’t allow me to nip over to the garden on the estate and bait a few Maggie’s in to stop them shreddin the lady of the manors songbirds. As much as she’s not a happy old lady. Actually she’s f****n fumin. 

7 minutes ago, timmytree said:

Don't forget you have to dress as a scarecrow and only shoot to scare them. ?

Well. Good job my rifles ‘slightly’ off then ?

Give it a few clicks left and aim off to the right kinda thing... 

1 minute ago, Deker said:

Just edited that for you!

:D

There been loads of ?????? emoji used throughout this thread. I think that just shows what we all think to this palaver.

Lets all just sit back, have a brew and carry on as normal. There’s just gonna be a lot less images posted in the hunting sections let’s say... ?

• Like 1