Changes to the general license

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am inclined to agree with Matt here and as it was only announced at 3.30pm BASC have had no time to do anything as yet plus the CLA will be up in arms and the farmers union plus the young farmers as

Thanks for your support Sue Fisher        

I thought I would share this with you lot, I’m not sure on the legality of sharing the email that has just been passed to me so I won’t post it on here the email is from an MP from Yorkshire, he

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, villaman said:

This has been the trouble , most thought shooting birds on GL was ok , but they needed to read it probably 

:yes::yes::yes:

That is apparently what Packham picked up on and launched his campaign.

25 minutes ago, Deker said:

If you took a couple home for the pot having shot them in accordance with the terms of the GL there is nothing wrong, but specifically shooting a couple for the pot is not a valid reason under the GL.

21 minutes ago, timmytree said:

Shooting for the pot or just because you can is the problem Jon, like doing 50 mph in a 30mph, it's illegal.

I have never said don't do it. What I said years ago was do it if you want but don't tell anyone and don't post it up for all to read.

I've been shooting pigeons for 50 years, I eat pigeon nearly every week. 

Lets just say you decide to give your car a blast, you do 120mph along the dual carriageway, do you then go on facebook and tell everyone? No, you enjoy it and keep quiet. Bikers have been busted for posting footage of themselves speeding, stupid isn't it?

You both make perfect sense and, I can see where you're both coming from :thumbs:

I have read the GL, I've also helped others out when I could see that they may be straying from the guidelines.

I guess I just struggle with the fact that it's ok to buy meat, fish and poultry ready prepared in the supermarket but, someone isn't allowed to say that they've taken a couple of pigeons because they enjoy eating pigeon.

......... I know that, strictly speaking, it's illegal but, it just seems like madness.

• Like 1

Some common sense being posted, the problem is that we live in a age where everyone has to share their whole lives on the internet how long before the piles of foxes rabbits get used by animal rights gets used to restrict other forms of shooting not long.

12 minutes ago, Pirate 9000 said:

Some common sense being posted, the problem is that we live in a age where everyone has to share their whole lives on the internet how long before the piles of foxes rabbits get used by animal rights gets used to restrict other forms of shooting not long.

So once again we have to bow down the the lefties , we are meant to live in a free country , the more we bow down the more they will take . Stand and fight for what we believe in and not just hunting but everything to do with this so called PC 

• Like 4

It's not about bowing down or  not fighting for what we believe in ,it's not giving them pictures to use against us . it's just afact like or not the majority of people can not except the killing of anything for sport, what they don't see don't hurt them.

I totally agree with you about GL 

the only time I shot pigeons  is on farm land and woods backing on to farm land and not on horse fields  . 

But when you have some saying don’t post hunting write ups and pic then I say stand up and  be counted instead of bowing down , the more we bow down the more they will take 

• Like 2

There's nothing wrong with hunting posts - I dare say a lot of newbies learn from them (how many times has shot placement and field craft been spoken about on here?).

........ Hunting with a sub 12 air rifle isn't easy - we were praised for our skill and accuracy on Ted's Holdover.

• Like 4

I agree that putting up pictures of what we have humanely culled or controlled is giving the antis that dont approve, the fuel to try and prevent it happening.

Im with VM and jon though on this point, why should we not be able to share our experiences and help give informative guidance to newbies and oldbies for that matter getting back into our sport.

If i hijacked some thread on a local womens institute forum and showed the members who were talking about the best recipe for scones a photo of 2 dead woodies and a jay then i would be a complete knobhead but i do stand by the fact that if i wish to be proud of what i have achieved one evening and show my friends on here then in my opinion it is my business to do so and im not doing any harm by it.

The answer isnt to turn us all into paranoid closet hunters that only whisper softly of our undertakings behind closed doors but educate the narrowminded that think that what we do is cruel and show them the benefit of managing the countryside in a professional manner and being proud to be a part of it.

• Like 5

I get what your saying tim about not posting things and ruining it for us all like i said last night, me included. 

I just dont see why it should have to be so tabboo. Its control and people need to come to terms with it. That being said these are the same people that love the grey squirrel and think that staffies are a dangerous breed of dog so need banning so i guess we are pi#*ing in the wind.

• Like 1