Changes to the general license

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am inclined to agree with Matt here and as it was only announced at 3.30pm BASC have had no time to do anything as yet plus the CLA will be up in arms and the farmers union plus the young farmers as

Thanks for your support Sue Fisher        

I thought I would share this with you lot, I’m not sure on the legality of sharing the email that has just been passed to me so I won’t post it on here the email is from an MP from Yorkshire, he

Posted Images

Reading these 3 links on the Gov website has confused me. It states that you don't need to apply for a licence if you have permission from the land owner along with a few other things??

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/wild-birds-licence-to-take-or-kill-for-conservation-purposes

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/wild-birds-licence-to-take-or-kill-to-prevent-damage-or-disease

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/wild-birds-licence-to-take-or-kill-for-health-or-safety-purposes

So as long as you have permission can you still carry out pest control on pigeons, crows etc? 

Edited by Longshanx

That’s the old GL mate, the new ones will need to be the same or very similar, no farmer has time to do his own pest control so that’s why it needs to be a GL so the like of me and you can do it and it doesn’t tie farmers and keepers up in a load of red tape having to apply for cull licenses for individual animals and who they want to do this

• Thanks 1

Perhaps I'm just getting old but I can't keep up with this, I believe I have counted this topic in 5 different threads in different places on THL and I keep darting from one to the other and lose track of conversations.

I think the idea is that NE is looking at the situation and rewording the GL for individual species and individual reasons, and new GL versions will start to emerge in the next few days, although full rewriting and implementation will take several weeks.

If all the threads were combined it would be a lot easier for old boys like me to follow!

:D

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Stavross said:

That’s the old GL mate, the new ones will need to be the same or very similar, no farmer has time to do his own pest control so that’s why it needs to be a GL so the like of me and you can do it and it doesn’t tie farmers and keepers up in a load of red tape having to apply for cull licenses for individual animals and who they want to do this

Dug into the page a bit further and clicked on updates. It does state that the licence will end on the 25th??

Never mind back to being on a downer?

Should have read into it a bit more over my morning coffee?

Just spoken to basc and these revoked laws dont apply in wales apparently so all is good over here.

There are going to be new temporary guidelines on NE website to cover individuals for avian pest control possibly later today and hopefully within a week there will be a new set of more indepth general licences covering the pest species. 

From what i could gather, fingers crossed, nothing much is going to change. Maybe more jargon to read through but thats just to tighten any loopholes that silly little arseholes can find to stop our pest control etc from living on.??

I hope people are listening to this, from what I can gather so far is they want to put a stop to sporting shooting, but if the GL says crop/livestock protection then carry on enjoying helping the farmers out

even Avery made packham look like a tw*t, by saying the agreed on the management of the pest birds with the chap from the NFU

And hanging crows off his gates just made me chuckle ?

Edited by Stavross
  • Haha 1
18 minutes ago, Stavross said:

I hope people are listening to this, from what I can gather so far is they want to put a stop to sporting shooting, but if the GL says crop/livestock protection then carry on enjoying helping the farmers out

So I can shoot pigeons to eat as long as I don’t enjoy it ?

• Haha 1