Changes to the general license

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am inclined to agree with Matt here and as it was only announced at 3.30pm BASC have had no time to do anything as yet plus the CLA will be up in arms and the farmers union plus the young farmers as

Thanks for your support Sue Fisher        

I thought I would share this with you lot, I’m not sure on the legality of sharing the email that has just been passed to me so I won’t post it on here the email is from an MP from Yorkshire, he

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Longshanx said:

Hope the count keeps going up the antis have set up a save CP not to be sacked on change. Org. W⚓s

Init. They've got double what the 'for' have... ?

Though it is a 4 year old partition. ?

• Like 1

I phoned the NE line around 8.30am today and was told via voicemail they would be back to me as soon as a member of staff is available .............................................................................. still no reply..............................I wonder why that is. ?

Phil

Well i spoke to BASC this morning and i was told that the general licence offic was in meltdown with calls and i would be called back. Still no reply so i guess they are getting lots of shit today. I will try again tomorrow.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Well It will be rabbits and rats next just watch

then the shit will hit the fan

rat will breed like rabbits breed and before you know it they will be every where

you can out a 100 men with rifles on a rat perm and shoot the shit out of it but if you go back the next night there will be more than the night before

its the farmers i feel for the rabbits and rats ,,pigeons ,,crows and so on cost them enough to start with with out doing this

this has the possibility to  kill off our farming culture .

then where are we going to get most of our food from

The EU but as we are leaving it whats that going to cost us ?

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Farmers want to send them the bill for crop damage, just when you think this fecked up country cant pull another stunt this rears it head, very angry and pissed off.

• Like 1

Just signed the get rid of Packham petition it's on its way to 4000 so keep at it lads. And please share my revoke what NE have done with your mates .the link is there for all so when published should be a few on that 1 too.

I thought I would share this with you lot, I’m not sure on the legality of sharing the email that has just been passed to me so I won’t post it on here

the email is from an MP from Yorkshire, he has been in talks with NE basc, countryside alliance and the NFU, in the email the MP states that NE pulled the GL because they were given legal advice that they would loose the case brought against them by the packham cranks, so as of midnight you can no longer shoot any birds, they are currently working on new general licenses that legally cover us all for what we do, each license will be specific to an individual type of bird/pest control situation,  this could be up to 30 individual licenses all falling under the umbrella of the GL, the MP has stated that these will start to be issued by Monday and may take a few week for all areas to be covered

so let’s see what happens 

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Baldcoot said:

Common sense unlike what you get from Judges ,here,s hoping 

Fingers crossed mate, reading the email the MP seems really switched on, I know the person who contacted the MP and they have said that NE have been court with there pants down, the original GL was not fit for purpose and now NE are taking advice from people who use the GL on a daily basis, I.E. farmers, keepers, I still think there could be some major changes to the legislation but we will have to wait and see, as far as I can work out the licenses will not all be released together and it will be a work in progress until they get it right

I just hope that NE weren’t just blowing smoke up his arse

• Like 1

Great update stav.

The only catch is, and I’m certianly not disagreeing with you, from I know and I don’t know much is that there will have to be be a critical reason for getting a license to, for example, take wood pigeon. The birds will have to be causing so much damage that the tool for the job would only be a shotgun, and so when applying for the license, being only airgun for most of us, it’ll get rejected when we apply for it on land where there not decimating crop and only causing a personal problem with the land owner. 

A license, won’t exsist, again, for example, for the ‘casual or sporting’ hunter that likes to take the odd brace of birds for the pan, as there’s no ligitmate reason. And to be honest, it’s killings for killings sake, or pleasure as some of the anti’s will argue, and so they do have a point on that level, which is what there essentially trying to stop.

In fact, why would any license be granted for the airgun? It’s not a tool for continually controlling wood pigeon in mass numbers. The same perhaps goes for corvids, when in theory, traps are the better process. 

This potentially could ruin the airgun industry for sporting rifles, as there will be no point owning say a multi shot PCP to just shoot targets. I know rabbits, greys and rats are still fine, but the list has literally halved.

I know where you are coming from mate, I mentioned this earlier in the rifle section, I know it’s not always popular but this could be a case for licensing air rifles like in Scotland, as on the license it could state all legal quarry as it does on the SG or FAC and then you would be covered under the GL

Edited by Stavross
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Stavross said:

I know where you are coming from mate, I mentioned this earlier in the rifle section, I know it’s not always popular but this could be a case for licensing air rifles like in Scotland, as on the license it could state all legal quarry as it does on the SG or FAC and them you would be covered under the GL

I’d be in for that should it be a way to go. But then why stick with sub 12 ?