Changes to the general license

Easier said than done Jon although I live in a rural village and will be talking to the police to get their view on this.

I phoned the NE office, switchboard somewhat blocked then I got through to voicemail who said all staff are tied up on calls (no surprise there then) and someone will return your call when a member of staff is available. I have a feeling this is going to be a long wait in the meantime I need to contact the farmers as this area is very busy at present drilling peas on which the pigeon will go mad..........................?

Phil

• Like 1

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am inclined to agree with Matt here and as it was only announced at 3.30pm BASC have had no time to do anything as yet plus the CLA will be up in arms and the farmers union plus the young farmers as

Thanks for your support Sue Fisher        

I thought I would share this with you lot, I’m not sure on the legality of sharing the email that has just been passed to me so I won’t post it on here the email is from an MP from Yorkshire, he

Posted Images

Well petitions been accepted ,just got to wait for them to publish it,yet another civil service cock up.How can u cancel the existing licence but have nothing to replace it ,ffs .Lets make instant criminals of anyone trying to protect their livelyhood and make sure theres nothing they can do about it.

Who came up with this idea " Morecombe and Wise"

• Like 3

I work full time as a pest controller as many on here do. I have just spoken to the BPCA who have told me thay will need to wait for more information from Natural England before any further comment. If large groups like this are backing away we will need to do it ourselves. I have ladder traps out at the moment covering several fields of ewes and lambs some high on a hillside where the farmer lambs some outside in pens if the weather is fine. I will have to call in today as i do everyday to check the traps but open up the tops to allow any further birds caught after today to escape . Im not looking forward to the conversation with this farmer.

Ive signed

iwm

• Sad 1

Just some more from Mark Avery [Whoever the f*ck that is] but seems hes one of the 3 that make up Wildlife Justice with Packham.

--

Yesterday afternoon (23 April), nearly 10 weeks after Wild Justice launched a challenge to the legality of the 2019 General Licences (on 13 February), Natural England announced that it was revoking  2019 General Licences 04/05/06 on Thursday (25 April) after deciding to do so at its Board meeting of 15 April.

After nearly four decades of unlawful casual killing of millions, tens of millions, of birds, sanctioned by a succession of government statutory conservation agencies over the years, the current system has been shown to be unlawful by the tiny and fledgling wildlife organisation, Wild Justice.

We haven’t changed the law, we have merely shown that the current system of licensing of killing of certain species of birds, developed and administered by a statutory wildlife agency, is unlawful now and presumably has been for decades.  

Our successful legal challenge may well have implications for what happens in Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland and we will be bringing this to the attention of the other statutory agencies.

Wild Justice says ‘We are delighted to have won this legal case. What sort of world is it where the statutory body with responsibility for wildlife protection is operating a bird-killing licensing scheme that is unlawful? Millions of birds are killed each year under the terms of the General Licences and many of these deaths will not be justified.  We are grateful to over 1100 individuals who funded this legal challenge and allowed us to take it with the means to progress it through the courts.  NE could have, and in our view should have, conceded the correctness of our legal arguments many weeks ago.  This would have reduced the financial costs to the public and allowed farmers and land managers more time to adjust to the news that their bird-killing actions may have been illegal for several decades. This is a mess of Natural England’s making – they have operated an unlawful licensing system and they have dillied and dallied over admitting it’.

4 minutes ago, Rez said:

Just some more from Mark Avery [Whoever the f*ck that is] but seems hes one of the 3 that make up Wildlife Justice with Packham.

--

Yesterday afternoon (23 April), nearly 10 weeks after Wild Justice launched a challenge to the legality of the 2019 General Licences (on 13 February), Natural England announced that it was revoking  2019 General Licences 04/05/06 on Thursday (25 April) after deciding to do so at its Board meeting of 15 April.

After nearly four decades of unlawful casual killing of millions, tens of millions, of birds, sanctioned by a succession of government statutory conservation agencies over the years, the current system has been shown to be unlawful by the tiny and fledgling wildlife organisation, Wild Justice.

We haven’t changed the law, we have merely shown that the current system of licensing of killing of certain species of birds, developed and administered by a statutory wildlife agency, is unlawful now and presumably has been for decades.  

Our successful legal challenge may well have implications for what happens in Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland and we will be bringing this to the attention of the other statutory agencies.

Wild Justice says ‘We are delighted to have won this legal case. What sort of world is it where the statutory body with responsibility for wildlife protection is operating a bird-killing licensing scheme that is unlawful? Millions of birds are killed each year under the terms of the General Licences and many of these deaths will not be justified.  We are grateful to over 1100 individuals who funded this legal challenge and allowed us to take it with the means to progress it through the courts.  NE could have, and in our view should have, conceded the correctness of our legal arguments many weeks ago.  This would have reduced the financial costs to the public and allowed farmers and land managers more time to adjust to the news that their bird-killing actions may have been illegal for several decades. This is a mess of Natural England’s making – they have operated an unlawful licensing system and they have dillied and dallied over admitting it’.

What a load of Bollocks, the uninformed few dictating and officialdom squirming!

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Rez said:

--

The top part makes it sound like we are sat in our back gardens shooting spuggies and blue tits?

Edited by Longshanx

Keep finding shit out on my lunch break like so to save you the effort of finding it... Some old boy on his YT channel... excuse the ultra long intro, he's obvs still living in the 80's.

Says some interesting bits that most you may already know.

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, Rez said:

Keep finding shit out on my lunch break like so to save you the effort of finding it... Some old boy on his YT channel... excuse the ultra long intro, he's obvs still living in the 80's.

Says some interesting bits that most you may already know.

I am of the understanding englands entry into the eu is illegal so the hole eu law should be a scrub . send a letter to some one stating that and see what happens . nothing I will suspect     ... media driven law ...  the people running the show do what they want gun control is a major tenet attacking hunting is just another arm of gun control . 

5 hours ago, philpot said:

Easier said than done Jon although I live in a rural village and will be talking to the police to get their view on this.

I phoned the NE office, switchboard somewhat blocked then I got through to voicemail who said all staff are tied up on calls (no surprise there then) and someone will return your call when a member of staff is available. I have a feeling this is going to be a long wait in the meantime I need to contact the farmers as this area is very busy at present drilling peas on which the pigeon will go mad..........................?

Phil

Good luck Phil - I hope you get a common sense reply mate ?

I reckon NE have probably had their phones diverted to voicemail on purpose so that they don't have to deal with the flak :hmm:

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

Good luck Phil - I hope you get a common sense reply mate ?

I reckon NE have probably had their phones diverted to voicemail on purpose so that they don't have to deal with the flak :hmm:

? I would.

• Like 2