Changes to the general license

1 minute ago, Rez said:

EDF09BF5-4912-4FB5-A786-2FEC9D246A3C.jpeg

9491DE80-5482-4BFA-BB24-771801468D7B.gif

If this is a one shot lottery and once done..I’ll do it cos I’ve been getting shit for the last month or so, got to call everything in and state what I’m after and why!!

its a crock of shit and if I’ve got a signed off letter I’ll stick it up the arse of this daft tw@t next time he moans 

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am inclined to agree with Matt here and as it was only announced at 3.30pm BASC have had no time to do anything as yet plus the CLA will be up in arms and the farmers union plus the young farmers as

Thanks for your support Sue Fisher        

I thought I would share this with you lot, I’m not sure on the legality of sharing the email that has just been passed to me so I won’t post it on here the email is from an MP from Yorkshire, he

Posted Images

That should be interesting. Now some of you very clever computer guys might be able to do that via google earth as I heard someone say recently. It may also be possible via the BASC Green shoots section. you must show the entire farm / estate perm as crops will change from field to field each year.

Over my head to be totally honest.

Phil

1 minute ago, philpot said:

That should be interesting. Now some of you very clever computer guys might be able to do that via google earth as I heard someone say recently. It may also be possible via the BASC Green shoots section. you must show the entire farm / estate perm as crops will change from field to field each year.

Over my head to be totally honest.

Phil

After this roll over I’m done with BASC Phil... I’ll get my insurance elsewhere cheaper as well 

?BASC 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, si brown said:

If this is a one shot lottery and once done..I’ll do it cos I’ve been getting shit for the last month or so, got to call everything in and state what I’m after and why!!

its a crock of shit and if I’ve got a signed off letter I’ll stick it up the arse of this daft tw@t next time he moans 

Me too to be fair, but I’m not really tekin 15-20 birds at a time, but would give it a go. 

This could create a right stir with the youtubers, Manning, Andys range, si and Davy... Crow and the shotgun lads, though they’ll no doubt have the paperwork before anyone with all the shooting elite cock they suck. 

The shotgun lads I mean ? and maybe Manning.

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, Rez said:

Me too to be fair, but I’m not really tekin 15-20 birds at a time, but would give it a go. 

This could create a right stir with the youtubers, Manning, Andys range, si and Davy... Crow and the shotgun lads, though they’ll no doubt have the paperwork before anyone with all the shooting elite cock they suck. 

Say it how it is rez???

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, Rez said:

It’s not about numbers Rez, the lad shooting in the farmyard is doing exactly the same as the bloke in the field.. it’s saving the farmer money on loss of crops or vets bills through disease spread through bird sh1t in the feed...

and if it dose come down to permits they can’t discriminate ...farmland is farmland regardless of who owns it?

Ive just read an article on packham the dick from 2017 where he was suggesting that the decline in lapwings and wading birds was mainly due to the fact that people are still shooting them. It was suggested by the top man at the NFU that he was scratched from presenting on the tv and made to apologise.????? what a prat.

1 minute ago, mattwhite said:

Ive just read an article on packham the dick from 2017 where he was suggesting that the decline in lapwings and wading birds was mainly due to the fact that people are still shooting them. It was suggested by the top man at the NFU that he was scratched from presenting on the tv and made to apologise.????? what a prat.

Soooo. Will you be updating that avatar of yours mattehhh ?

Eeee. Leee. Gull.

Soon.

The trouble is, its not just packham, its all the other no nowts that preach with no facts. Last year i spoke to a member of the golf club i shoot on and they stated that its wrong of me to be controlling rabbit numbers on there....what harm do they do were the exact words they used.....

Nuff said?

I am phoning the NE offices today to try and try to get a better picture of exactly what has to be done in the short term. Just printing out the forms that Rez linked to and make sure this is the correct one because I got somewhat lost last night going through all the NE site info. You know a thought crossed my mind that this license could be per field not even per farm and if that is the case, it will be a complete nightmare asit will if these have to be done every year for every crop field.

I know after reading loads of guff last night, NE are going to produce a replacement to the GL to make it lawful but this will not be done before the end of the year reading between the lines. In my area, the peas have been drilled and will continue until the entire job is done, so this year I think is going to be a very poor yield.

I would love to know how many farmers are going to stand in their fields shining a laser torch at pigeons landing in their crop or how many are going jump in and spend £10.000 on an automatic laser which will have to be moved god knows how many times a day to catch the birds feeding on different fields, oh silly me, they could buy three orr four to cover the uneven landscape.

Phil

From what I know of a few of the farmers round this way, a change to the GL won't stop them from carrying on as they always have done.

......... If they've got pigeons on their fields, they'll shoot them.

I don't think that the majority of the police and locals will be that bothered either - you only have to drive 10 minutes from my house and it's like a scene from Hot Fuzz :yes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1