Changes to the general license

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am inclined to agree with Matt here and as it was only announced at 3.30pm BASC have had no time to do anything as yet plus the CLA will be up in arms and the farmers union plus the young farmers as

Thanks for your support Sue Fisher        

I thought I would share this with you lot, I’m not sure on the legality of sharing the email that has just been passed to me so I won’t post it on here the email is from an MP from Yorkshire, he

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Baldcoot said:

Trouble is Phil they pull GL04/05/ and 06 This Thursday so any pigeon shooting Friday on is illegal ,so we either kick back or whatch it die cos Packham the cnut will be after bunnys and rats next He like,s stopping anything and not got any interest in the aftermath 

I totally understand where you are coming from but this is not over because they have only listened to this complete and utter idiot who simply doesn't know anything about the issues that face farmers each and every year with crop damage.....................................................the Government are about to be bombarded with facts being thrown at them from many sides regarding crop losses. Link this to the fact that we are close to leaving the EU  with no deal and if ever we needed to have a strong and effective farming industry, it is now. It may well be that the GL is gone but I am sure a license will be released into the farming industry and those who are involved in vermin control, ie us.

Phil

• Like 5

Soooooo. Can I still drop the birds on the farmers fields at the weekend or not? ?

If I have to tell him “sorry boss, can’t shoot them no more...” he’ll tell me to sling my hook and he’ll find someone who can. 

Imagine that, big fat old woodie pitches in and ya can’t drop him. Bloody ell’ feels a bit weird. 

Well, I have just completed the complaints section of Natural England's actions so it will be interesting to see what happens if vast numbers of people actually get off their arses and actually try to do something.

Having said all that hot air, I really do believe that there have to be some changes to this decision but be prepared to apply for a license to cover you which may well have to list all the perms and crop information so in other words  another long winded paperwork trail.................................sounds a bit like the farce of air gun licenses. To be very honest, we have a license to go fishing and while I have two gun licenses, this will be another license to actually go shooting. I am glad I have my clay shooting if all goes tits up.

Phil

6 minutes ago, Rez said:

Soooooo. Can I still drop the birds on the farmers fields at the weekend or not? ?

If I have to tell him “sorry boss, can’t shoot them no more...” he’ll tell me to sling my hook and he’ll find someone who can. 

Imagine that, big fat old woodie pitches in and ya can’t drop him. Bloody ell’ feels a bit weird. 

A bit like when you're pellet testing and one lands in your neighbours tree :whistling: :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well It will be rabbits and rats next just watch

then the shit will hit the fan

rat will breed like rabbits breed and before you know it they will be every where

you can out a 100 men with rifles on a rat perm and shoot the shit out of it but if you go back the next night there will be more than the night before

its the farmers i feel for the rabbits and rats ,,pigeons ,,crows and so on cost them enough to start with with out doing this

this has the possibility to  kill off our farming culture .

then where are we going to get most of our food from

The EU but as we are leaving it whats that going to cost us ?

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Baldcoot said:

Petition soon be live Jimmy ,we gotta fight this shitte ,BASC have rolled over as per 

We can fight but don't think BASC are out of the picture, they were only advised about the decision today so what could they have done........................I repeat, there has been no discussion outside the government office so let us give them a chance and after all they are the largest body representing the shooting man. If they can stand up to be counted and get this rescinded, every member of this forum should be a member and give them the funds to keep on fighting.

Phil