General license

It looks to me like they have just jumped in with both feet on this, at a guess the new general license that will be issued will be almost the same just worded differently, but they should have it in place before revoking the current one, you still need crop protection ( a banger only works for a couple of days ) and public health needs to be a major consideration, these birds that are on the general license are pest species and some invasive and in most cases the most effective and humane way to control them is to shoot them, surely the people who write the general license can not be so far removed from it not to know this, I guess we will wait and see ☹️

11 minutes ago, Stavross said:

It looks to me like they have just jumped in with both feet on this, at a guess the new general license that will be issued will be almost the same just worded differently, but they should have it in place before revoking the current one, you still need crop protection ( a banger only works for a couple of days ) and public health needs to be a major consideration, these birds that are on the general license are pest species and some invasive and in most cases the most effective and humane way to control them is to shoot them, surely the people who write the general license can not be so far removed from it not to know this, I guess we will wait and see ☹️

Think we’re all on the same sheet stavross but this country’s being flooded with invasive people and they don’t give a fcuk about that either!!

• Like 2

Perhaps I'm just getting old but I can't keep up with this, I believe I have counted this topic in 5 different threads in different places on THL and I keep darting from one to the other and lose track of conversations.

I think the idea is that NE is looking at the situation and rewording the GL for individual species and individual reasons, and new GL versions will start to emerge in the next few days, although full rewriting and implementation will take several weeks.

If all the threads were combined it would be a lot easier for old boys like me to follow!

:D

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Deker said:

Perhaps I'm just getting old but I can't keep up with this, I believe I have counted this topic in 5 different threads in different places on THL and I keep darting from one to the other and lose track of conversations.

I think the idea is that NE is looking at the situation and rewording the GL for individual species and individual reasons, and new GL versions will start to emerge in the next few days, although full rewriting and implementation will take several weeks.

If all the threads were combined it would be a lot easier for old boys like me to follow!

:D

Sure I've just read that somewhere??