Rifle scope on a spring air rifle.

I might be reading your post wrong... “is it ok to use a rifle scope on a spring powered air rifle...?”

Really?! 

If you mean a proper firearm rifle scope on an air rifle, I’m pretty bloodehh sure the recoil from a bullet is far more that a proxy air rifle me old. 

I must be miss reading your post ?

10 minutes ago, Rez said:

I might be reading your post wrong... “is it ok to use a rifle scope on a spring powered air rifle...?”

Really?! 

If you mean a proper firearm rifle scope on an air rifle, I’m pretty bloodehh sure the recoil from a bullet is far more that a proxy air rifle me old. 

I must be miss reading your post ?

Aye thats what i thought, but it said double recoil?

Looks like your tekin your research from the god damn yanks. 

Itll be fine. In fact, if I was in your position boblehhhh ? id feel like I’ve over equipped the rifle. 

Do it. Put that “rifle glass” on an air rifle. Let us know...

Peace x

• Like 1

Was it the Sirocco or Fenman from Theoben that broke all and every scope that went on it , of that time ?

I remember the old gunsmiths in Wigan would not give any warranty on a scope going on this gun, not sure if it was the Sirocco ?:hmm:

• Like 1

I have had a load of random scopes work fine , I have had 3 or so that have blown up . one scope that blew up straight away was a hawke scope but I have a hawke scope that I think is one of my best scopes so just get an average scope and shoot it it may go wrong it may not , but as above if the gun has high recoil like an FAC gas ram or springer a bit care may be needed I think you can get mounts with some thing in it to stop recoil . The most destruction I had happen to a scope was on a bsa lightning fitted with a gas ram , the turret fell of while shooting .

• Like 1
On 23/04/2019 at 07:27, mark williams said:

Was it the Sirocco or Fenman from Theoben that broke all and every scope that went on it , of that time ?

I remember the old gunsmiths in Wigan would not give any warranty on a scope going on this gun, not sure if it was the Sirocco ?:hmm:

owned 3 siroccos.....never had a problem with them  breaking scopes lol.....stocks split on 2 of them mind?

• Like 1