I'm wondering if you can keep just 2 hens happily,I'd like to get 2 for  my daughter,and the fact they'd have company together,plus I'd like something other than Rhode island reds,any suggestions and opinions on keeping just 2

4 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Be better to Get 3 but consider bantams kids love the eggs as well. You can get bantams in utility breeds like Sussex/rir Hampshire red etc or pretty ones like pekin   Etc 

my favorite was Brahma bantams ?

Thanks Dean,by the way the daughter is 24,lol...I need to look the different types of birds around,I've done no homework as of yet

On 21/04/2019 at 21:40, jigsaw said:

I'm wondering if you can keep just 2 hens happily,I'd like to get 2 for  my daughter,and the fact they'd have company together,plus I'd like something other than Rhode island reds,any suggestions and opinions on keeping just 2

Wasting your time they wouldn't last 5 minutes in the northside.

They'd end up on Wackers/Sullys/Spuds plate for dinner, haha

• 1 month later...

I did not then,...a few things got in the way ,like a 1k euro sewage repair job,a half hefty mechanical job on my car to pass it's nct,and a holiday in Lithuania,from which I only got home yesterday,lol....BUT...I might pursue a few chickens in the future when I get sorted on another job,laying Indian sandstone slabs in my garden,...there's always something to sort,

• Like 1