South coast fishing

Done well the last few years off Seaton or Branscombe for plaice this time of year, mainly off the kayak but not too far off, people catching off the beach too..

• Like 1

Exmouth at the orcombe point end for bass/flounder or off mere rocks At low water for bass (live eel or spinning is best off the rocks) for bass, lots of schoolies the further in estuary you go, we used to catch loads of small Pollack off the pier but not fished it for years..

Also had a few Gilthead (later in the year) out of the estuary over the last few years)

Budleigh can throw up a few surprises, but mainly dogfish and small pouting or waiting, had some cracking pollack and wrasse at the far end (to the left of the car park where the river runs out) it's very rocky, you can fish on the rocks at low water.

Sidmouth (I've never had much luck) Jacobs ladder is famous for throwing up a decent bass but it's not somewhere I've spent a lot of time..

Good luck 

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 1

Not much of a fisherman but enjoy an evening mackeral bashing but want to catch something good.bass or pollock,would love a cod.my mates a fresh water fisher but started sea about 2 years ago.ask on here just so i know were not completly wasting out time.

Had a 6lb cod off a boat at lyme once.

• Like 1