A few woodies on a lovely day

With rabbits being very thin on the ground round here and not much action with the ferrets over the winter it was time to bag a few woodies with the S410.

Put a few decoys out in the field to entice them in towards the oak tree. Lay on my back looking up at the tree and not bothering to watch the decoys as I knew they would come into the tree rather than land on the ground. Took a few shots at a dead branch to work out the holdunder and then the action started. A good number of woodies came in and over a period of three hours I managed six shots and bagged five. Far more came in but even though they didn't spot me straight away as soon as I slowly moved the rifle they were off. Next time I'll probably put the camo net over me like a blanket and better camo for the rifle. If I had the shottie with me then I could well have more than doubled the bag but I don't think the sense of achievement would be so great.

DSCF3644[1].JPG

DSCF3642[1].JPG

DSCF3643[1].JPG

• Like 17