hw110k v Ultra se

What is folks opinions in the above please, still not got another gun yet. Had my 100ks out last night, i wont part with it but i still think it is poorly balanced and a bit on the heavy side for myself anyway, i have heart trouble and cant be bothered lugging it about stalking.. I know it isnt really heavy but i like something lighter personally for a bit of stalking. I have a viper connect scope which is better on it but i dont have it on at the moment because it is no good for the nv add on. I was going to use 100 for nv and want a lightweight one for stalking at dusk. If i get the 110k i will have to buy a new one, could probably pick up a good ultra second hand with a good saving. What is any negatives with either please. 

Well there is a s/h 110k in my rfd as the owner decided to buy another in .22 or .177, sorry I cannot remember which one is in the shop but I have a feeling it is .177 and that was about £650 ish.

It is fair to say there are points on both guns which will give someone a major benefit but that depends on what the individual wants. For example, buy a s/h good Ultra and tune it to death with bigger air cylinder etc but Villaman / Mitch is far better placed than me to advise what can be done.

The HW110k is a finished product and although I have one, I cannot tell you IF any tuning is possible but there is a company called HW100 Tuning who do various tuning parts for the 100 and 110 so perhaps some tuning is feasible. My point is does it need tuning.......................

https://www.hw100tuning.co.uk/

Okay, my feelings are as follows:-

In my opinion, the HW110k has around eighty shots per fill in .22,  over twice the number of the Ultra.

The 110 has a form of reg fitted which I believe is a similar valve arrangement as the 100 series.

The HW side lever is far far better than the bolt affair on BSA guns which I dislike very much.

HW mags are simple and clean and very similar to the 100 mags and in my opinion far better than BSA.

Standard HW mod so very quiet and far better than a standard BSA mod.

Accuracy.............................both are excellent so further comment needed.

Balance is a tricky one really as both guns are similar but the HW110k weighs in at around 2.6kg so very light and if you get a light scope the setup is superb. I have had a couple of the Ultras and I do like them in general but FOR ME I far prefer the the 110k for the reasons listed above. 

My little lady

DSCF3516_zps9u6r3gqa.jpg

Hope that might help.

Phil

• Like 3

Yes it is one of the original Mamba Lite scopes. It is a .22 which is not my favoured cal but as I wanted this guns for closer range ratting and feral pigeon shooting, the .177 just passes straight through the quarry hence the use of .22 in that type of shooting, if I was out on the rabbits, it would be .177 in sub 12 but as I use .25 FAC I have no need for a .177 now.

Phil

• Like 1

Very, very hard decision 

out of the box HW110k great mag , very quiet , nice weight , nice in the shoulder , nice feel to stock , has a regulator  and very accurate 

BSA ultra , very accurate , needs a silencer , mag is just ok , nice weight , synthetic stock just ok , no reg , low shot count 

but these guns can be tuned and regs fitted . HW silencer is perfect or you can have a shroud/silencer made , which is just as quiet as a hw mod . Once this is all done you will have a gun which will match any top price gun pellet for pellet even your crap 2k daystates .

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I have decided to keep my 95k which i was going to sell to put towards a 110k. Will put that on hold for a while now,  will wait until there are a few second hand ones about i think. Put a scope on my 95 again today and to be honest it is to nice to part with, it is the same weight as my 100ks i think but much better balanced. Going to get it out hunting again. ATB.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, charlie caller said:

I have no experience of the 110, however my single shot Ultra se  is an absolute tac driver, with AA field or Barracuda hunter extreme, I have had some accurate rifles, this Ultra is amongst the best.

Is that standard mate or has it been tuned up. ATB.

All I have done to it is removed the nasty anti tamper plug and free d off the power adjuster, I have set it to 11.5 ftlbs I did polish the trigger sears (probably unnecessarily) it really is one of the most accurate air rifles I have ever owned, it never fails to amaze me, I have a self imposed limit of 40 yards on live quarry, I shot a rabbit stone dead with a head shot the other night, I paced it out at 52 yards, ok it was going dark and as we all know range estimation is not easy in the dusk, but the way the rabbit fell over was astounding, I will never sell this Ultra, my CZ 511 semi auto .22 is damn good, but most of the time its the Ultra that gets take out.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, lifelong cumbrian said:

Is that standard mate or has it been tuned up. ATB.

Ultras SE does not have to have a tune ,they are a great gun with out 

just need to find the sweet spot which is about 200-210 bar . These ultras are so accurate, it’s unbelievable 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, bigmac 97kt said:

IN MY HONEST OPINION  THE ULTRA WILL OUT SHOOT THE HW110

TIME AND TIME AGAIN

JUST THE SHOT COUNT THAT LETS THE ULTRA DOWN

ATVBMAC:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

shot count is'nt really a issue for me personally, i would only be hunting and you dont get a lot of shots off and the pump is in the car. ATB.

• Like 1