Home made scotch eggs

Nice plate of food GL mate, but if thats them kidneys you can keep that bit. Must say that bacon looks nice, can't beat good bacon. Bought some no nitrate the other day was okay, bit salty and it lacked colour, jury still out on that one. Have you tried putting a little black pudding in the mix for scotch eggs?

• Like 2

That looks top drawer mate , unlike Arry I’d happily polish the lot off kidneys and all . In fact one of my favourite breakfasts is kidneys on toast, with maybe a poached really fresh free range egg . When I gralloch a deer the first thing I take is the kidneys. Peel the membrane off , cut in half , dip in seasoned flour and into a hot frying pan . I like mine still pink , with a bit of blood dripping on my toast . I’m feeling hungry now , where’s my rifle ? 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Can't beat a good homemade scotch egg ,I had a phase of doing scotch eggs  ..runny ones chorizo ones chilli ones black pudding,  beef mince  its endless...best out the fridge snack going imo :thumbs:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

That looks top drawer mate , unlike Arry I’d happily polish the lot off kidneys and all . In fact one of my favourite breakfasts is kidneys on toast, with maybe a poached really fresh free range egg . When I gralloch a deer the first thing I take is the kidneys. Peel the membrane off , cut in half , dip in seasoned flour and into a hot frying pan . I like mine still pink , with a bit of blood dripping on my toast . I’m feeling hungry now , where’s my rifle ? 

That’s got the juices flowing ???????? I’m straight into the liver of deer shallow fried  in butter with garlic ?

• Like 1
21 hours ago, ginger beard said:

The black ring around the outside of the yoke in the scotch egg,does that mean it was boiled to long.?

Or too high a temp , summit do with the yoke and the white reacting due to too long cooking or to high ,

1 hour ago, Elchapo said:

Or too high a temp , summit do with the yoke and the white reacting due to too long cooking or to high ,

Cheers.greenie must have just forgot when he answered everybody else's comments.

I though it was normal til somebody told me.

1 hour ago, ginger beard said:

Cheers.greenie must have just forgot when he answered everybody else's comments.

I though it was normal til somebody told me.

Truth is mate when people boil eggs they just chuck them in boiling water and do something else then after how ever long they get them off and then let them cool , 

mots somethjng to do with sulphur reacting to iron such causes it , I just stick them in my mouth whole anyway so no mither to me lol 

now a a runny egg .. well that’s a different matter , have take care to get the perfect runny egg lol 

• Like 1