micky

HOW DO I CATCH A BROWN TROUT ?????

On 19/04/2019 at 22:29, terryd said:

I like my gismo's and a sucker for buying stuff but that a bit a wood with some some line round it. Does look nice mind lol

that's what I bought about 3 years ago Terry. Well pleased with it casts lovely repaid itself times many with fish and more importantly pleasure. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, micky said:

I think there is a little Room for improvement 

025.JPG

are you new to this micky

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Get yourself a decent rod mickey.

post-1930-1210763962.jpg

post-1930-1210764387.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, mackem said:

Get yourself a decent rod mickey.

post-1930-1210763962.jpg

post-1930-1210764387.jpg

I cannot hold a Rod because of something called Dupuytrens that has been made  worse with over 50 years laying bricks, no big deal just a nuisance at times 

I went out with the handline yesterday. Fish taking fly off the surfaces like no man's business. Do you think I could get a bite on worn or maggot? No bloody chance. Getting a bubble float today and taking my box of flys. Don't trout fish alot really but would yo u agree if flys are in abundance then they won't take a worm? Also had lots of rain and the water was hard with a lot of weed being washed down. 

9 hours ago, darrren said:

I went out with the handline yesterday. Fish taking fly off the surfaces like no man's business. Do you think I could get a bite on worn or maggot? No bloody chance. Getting a bubble float today and taking my box of flys. Don't trout fish alot really but would yo u agree if flys are in abundance then they won't take a worm? Also had lots of rain and the water was hard with a lot of weed being washed down. 

I would spin for them when the rivers like that....little mepps and  worm on the trebles👍

Here's a few I've had over the last week, small ones have gone back and kept two fish from different occasions. If they're there they do hit the spinner quickly In fairness, normbally where the water goes deep and slack. I am thinking of trying a bubble float with a fly or worm on it and letting it drift as much luck as I've had on the spinners there are still shallow clear waters where they are only taking flys. People are telling me off bags of 40 odd out of llandegfed res but I went there last year on the worm and not a bite, but apparently it has to. E suspended off the bottom which I did t do. 

IMG_20190518_220951_329.jpg

IMG_20190510_184743_213.jpg

IMG_20190510_184622_692.jpg

• Like 1

Bubble float an fly is deadly mate, can even use a team a flies. An even get cracking results on a big ole res or loch, team a flies an wee bit water in float to get it to the fish an away ye go 😉

When you say a team how is that ties. I'm guessing it's more than one fly on the line. I'll give that a go then. On rivers just upstream isit let it drift down. 

if using worms for trout ....then get a small hypodermic needle and fill worm with some air....that will pop it up off the bottom and get you some bites darren😉👍

14 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

if using worms for trout ....then get a small hypodermic needle and fill worm with some air....that will pop it up off the bottom and get you some bites darren😉👍

Fook me that will have some snowflakes wringing their hands, lol

• Haha 1

Already do than on course fishing with the worms so will give that a go, had a brave yesterday, put the one back k and kept one for the pot. 

IMG_20190521_221027_451.jpg

DSC_0676.JPG

• Like 3

IMG_20190523_111334_071.jpg.482060e321b1d045749396f8f37d9902.jpg

working opposite the usk.....seen some big shapes  in the water,taking insects  when I've had  little walks on my breaks....found some nice farm  ponds to try for some big eels....👍

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

IMG_20190523_111334_071.jpg.482060e321b1d045749396f8f37d9902.jpg

working opposite the usk.....seen some big shapes  in the water,taking insects  when I've had  little walks on my breaks....found some nice farm  ponds to try for some big eels....👍

don't know what this country is coming to letting you have breaks, they will be paying you next.