micky

HOW DO I CATCH A BROWN TROUT ?????

16 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

bowl of water with fairy liquid in it over the lawn 😉lob worm heaven 😘

Are you any closer to sorting my fishing out ??? ......   

6 minutes ago, socks said:

Are you any closer to sorting my fishing out ??? ......   

I've not fished it myself yet Kenneth.....Will sort something out👍

Is the fella you know a young lad that lives up near hungerford ??? 

I used to fish a tiny little river on our shoot in Sth .Yorkshire and also the River Derwent above the Derwent Valley dams using a 6foot telescopic whip from the Poundshop (don't ask how much it cost 😉 ) about 6 foot of 3lb mono and a small pheasant tail nymph under one of those floating strike indicators. It was just a case of flicking the fly upstream (I always fish upstream 'cos I is a gentleman) and allowing it to sink under the float as it drifted downstream. Got loads of brownies up to around 2lb. The whip closes down to about 13" so fits in a rucksack or up your sleeve and a couple of rigs can be wound onto line winders that pole fishermen use.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, socks said:

Is the fella you know a young lad that lives up near hungerford ??? 

no mate,down past that,past newbury 😁

1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

no mate,down past that,past newbury 😁

Could be the same bloke is he big old lad quite young ish ........

16 minutes ago, socks said:

Could be the same bloke is he big old lad quite young ish ........

first name same as my username?😁

4 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Try an get some brandling worms aswell as good ole big ears worms mate, soak the lawn an the big uns will appear, an raid somebody’s compost bin for the brandlin 😁 maggots are always good aswell especially if you intend on going to a shop to get some gear😉

Did you no that if you put washing up liquid in water and splash it around to make sudds then tip it on the grass the earth worms almost immediately travel towards it and come out of the ground , don’t ask me why I don’t no but we did it in primary school and it’s always stuck in my head 

2 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

I've not fished it myself yet Kenneth.....Will sort something out👍

I’ll come up for a day on the trout next season . 

9 hours ago, Elchapo said:

Anyone tried one these little rods 

FB2DD12F-54A8-48D5-BEC6-D5BDB82F46F2.jpeg

I have one,its originally for ice-fishing.

I started my Fishing career today and it did not go to well , to start with I could not get the line through the Eye of the Hook and whilst I was messing with this all my Maggots Effed off the next the thing was I could not fix the Lead shot onto the string so I tied the hole Boxful to the string , when I was up and running I kept trying to put Maggots on the hook but they kept exploding like little Spunk Bombs ,then when I cast my line in  and sat down to Whittle some Snare pegs while waiting for a two pounder the Dog who was fed up took one of the Pegs  and chewed it up 

011.JPG

014.JPG

024.JPG

• Like 3

I think there is a little Room for improvement 

025.JPG

• Like 2

Put maggots in a bowl an they won’t get out unless they get wet mate. Ye can also buy bigger weights that get threaded throo the line rather than squeezed on, ask for some arsley bombs or summat in the shop, an even ask them if for some hooks already tied onto line, the line will be about 8/10 inch long when ye get them, with hook attached, an a loop on end of line mate. Then just tie a basic loop on other end of your line an use the loop to loop connections to join both lines, will be much easier for you than fiddling about with hooks an knots, with maggots there is a fat and an a thin end to em, you really need need to try an get the point of the hook throo a lil tiny bit skin at the fat end, that stops em from bursting but they need to be just nicked on it they do burst, or try some other bait, bread is easy to use but needs changed a lot, worms are easy an stay in longer if you thread me up onto hook rather than just sticking hook straight throo em, or even try a lil bubble float with a bit water inside for weight an a fly or summat, idea being ye lob it upstream an let it float down taking the fly or bait with it😁

dont give up tho pal, it’s called fishing, not catching 😁😂😉

• Like 1