micky

HOW DO I CATCH A BROWN TROUT ?????

1 minute ago, mackem said:

No mate,i wouldn't tip anything into a river,leave nothing but footprints take nothing but photos (and fish).

it doesn't kill fish mack....sends them to sleep ,they float down river and you net them😉👍

15 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

That’s what my kids use a lot of time, they love them mate 

micky use as wee a hook as possible but will still catch some with 10 an even some 8s  

or could try this? Even line wrapped round an ole coke or lager can/bottle can be used as handling, my poor wife had had a spool a line an a wee tub way some shot an some hooks in it since we met 😂 an now if she got a big bag an we out for day the lad makes her put his hobo hand line out the glove box in her bag 😂

I got a hobo handline off a fella on ebay. it casts far better than I thought it would caught some nice fish with it. through spring and summer I stick it me pocket when mooching with little lurcher. 

13 minutes ago, fred90 said:

I got a hobo handline off a fella on ebay. it casts far better than I thought it would caught some nice fish with it. through spring and summer I stick it me pocket when mooching with little lurcher. 

Best in Iv saw was turned in a lathe by guy himself out an old wooden curtain pole haha could sling it a good distance the line just slid off it, but as a family out for days we have caught trout an chub am perch among some others but they are kids faves 😁

1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

not far from you ken😎

Cmon then son sort me out 👍 .........

• Haha 2

Just now, socks said:

Cmon then son sort me out 👍 .........

You’d no go hungry ken as the ole saying goes, you’d get a peice in jam at anybody’s door 😂

• Haha 1

Hazel peg with bit line on it size 10 hook stick worm on it chuck it in and have a sit on the bank if have trouble with your hands mock the peg in the bank then every now and again just lift line with your finger see if you can feel anything on other end .

5 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

it doesn't kill fish mack....sends them to sleep ,they float down river and you net them😉👍

What kind of quantity

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

What kind of quantity

Have to be quite a lot for a river?

I could not Poison anything , Rats, Moles , Rabbits , anything ,people who do are sick b*****ds , when I was a kid I saw a Fox Hound cop it from a Rabbit laced with Strychnine ! that was enough for me .

• Like 1