HOW DO I CATCH A BROWN TROUT ?????

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No mate,i wouldn't tip anything into a river,leave nothing but footprints take nothing but photos (and fish).

Get yourself a decent rod mickey.  

Have you tried for them yet mickey?  

Posted Images

I started my Fishing career today and it did not go to well , to start with I could not get the line through the Eye of the Hook and whilst I was messing with this all my Maggots Effed off the next the thing was I could not fix the Lead shot onto the string so I tied the hole Boxful to the string , when I was up and running I kept trying to put Maggots on the hook but they kept exploding like little Spunk Bombs ,then when I cast my line in  and sat down to Whittle some Snare pegs while waiting for a two pounder the Dog who was fed up took one of the Pegs  and chewed it up 

011.JPG

014.JPG

024.JPG

• Like 3
On 19/04/2019 at 22:29, terryd said:

I like my gismo's and a sucker for buying stuff but that a bit a wood with some some line round it. Does look nice mind lol

that's what I bought about 3 years ago Terry. Well pleased with it casts lovely repaid itself times many with fish and more importantly pleasure. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mackem said:

Get yourself a decent rod mickey.

post-1930-1210763962.jpg

post-1930-1210764387.jpg

I cannot hold a Rod because of something called Dupuytrens that has been made  worse with over 50 years laying bricks, no big deal just a nuisance at times 

• 3 weeks later...

I went out with the handline yesterday. Fish taking fly off the surfaces like no man's business. Do you think I could get a bite on worn or maggot? No bloody chance. Getting a bubble float today and taking my box of flys. Don't trout fish alot really but would yo u agree if flys are in abundance then they won't take a worm? Also had lots of rain and the water was hard with a lot of weed being washed down. 

9 hours ago, darrren said:

I went out with the handline yesterday. Fish taking fly off the surfaces like no man's business. Do you think I could get a bite on worn or maggot? No bloody chance. Getting a bubble float today and taking my box of flys. Don't trout fish alot really but would yo u agree if flys are in abundance then they won't take a worm? Also had lots of rain and the water was hard with a lot of weed being washed down. 

I would spin for them when the rivers like that....little mepps and  worm on the trebles?

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a few I've had over the last week, small ones have gone back and kept two fish from different occasions. If they're there they do hit the spinner quickly In fairness, normbally where the water goes deep and slack. I am thinking of trying a bubble float with a fly or worm on it and letting it drift as much luck as I've had on the spinners there are still shallow clear waters where they are only taking flys. People are telling me off bags of 40 odd out of llandegfed res but I went there last year on the worm and not a bite, but apparently it has to. E suspended off the bottom which I did t do. 

IMG_20190518_220951_329.jpg

IMG_20190510_184743_213.jpg

IMG_20190510_184622_692.jpg

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

if using worms for trout ....then get a small hypodermic needle and fill worm with some air....that will pop it up off the bottom and get you some bites darren??

Fook me that will have some snowflakes wringing their hands, lol

• Haha 1