HOW DO I CATCH A BROWN TROUT ?????

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No mate,i wouldn't tip anything into a river,leave nothing but footprints take nothing but photos (and fish).

Get yourself a decent rod mickey.  

Have you tried for them yet mickey?  

Posted Images

20 hours ago, mackem said:

Have you tried for them yet mickey?

post-1930-1213087133.jpg

post-1930-1210771928.jpg

What  a bag? I have not got the kit yet because of the Bank Holiday but I will in the Morning  SIZE 10 BARBED HOOKS  10 LB BREAKING STRAIN LINE  and WORMS , any other bait recommended ?????  I walked the River to Chapel Le Dale  and saw an Otter and a Crayfish but no trout but I have been assured that there are lots there

• Like 1

Not trout but I was at the exact spot this was filmed today,and there was dozens,maybe more of carp crowded together in the shallow waters of the hogsmill where it empties into the thames,massive amount of carp,biggest was a guestimated 25lb.

1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

Try an get some brandling worms aswell as good ole big ears worms mate, soak the lawn an the big uns will appear, an raid somebody’s compost bin for the brandlin ? maggots are always good aswell especially if you intend on going to a shop to get some gear?

bowl of water with fairy liquid in it over the lawn ?lob worm heaven ?

• Like 1

I used to fish a tiny little river on our shoot in Sth .Yorkshire and also the River Derwent above the Derwent Valley dams using a 6foot telescopic whip from the Poundshop (don't ask how much it cost ? ) about 6 foot of 3lb mono and a small pheasant tail nymph under one of those floating strike indicators. It was just a case of flicking the fly upstream (I always fish upstream 'cos I is a gentleman) and allowing it to sink under the float as it drifted downstream. Got loads of brownies up to around 2lb. The whip closes down to about 13" so fits in a rucksack or up your sleeve and a couple of rigs can be wound onto line winders that pole fishermen use.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Try an get some brandling worms aswell as good ole big ears worms mate, soak the lawn an the big uns will appear, an raid somebody’s compost bin for the brandlin ? maggots are always good aswell especially if you intend on going to a shop to get some gear?

Did you no that if you put washing up liquid in water and splash it around to make sudds then tip it on the grass the earth worms almost immediately travel towards it and come out of the ground , don’t ask me why I don’t no but we did it in primary school and it’s always stuck in my head