HOW DO I CATCH A BROWN TROUT ?????

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No mate,i wouldn't tip anything into a river,leave nothing but footprints take nothing but photos (and fish).

Get yourself a decent rod mickey.  

Have you tried for them yet mickey?  

Posted Images

Hazel peg with bit line on it size 10 hook stick worm on it chuck it in and have a sit on the bank if have trouble with your hands mock the peg in the bank then every now and again just lift line with your finger see if you can feel anything on other end .

I could not Poison anything , Rats, Moles , Rabbits , anything ,people who do are sick b*****ds , when I was a kid I saw a Fox Hound cop it from a Rabbit laced with Strychnine ! that was enough for me .

• Like 1
On 19/04/2019 at 14:50, mackem said:

It would be very easy to empty that pool,but far better nowadays just to cast a line and get the odd decent sized fish,I fished a beat last year that cost £500 a day (I guest'ed at night) and had some nice fish.

£500 a day? Where the hell was it? 

On 19/04/2019 at 11:35, micky said:

POOL 8 FEET DEEP 30 WIDE  100 LONG      PICTURE 1

ENTRANCE TO POOL  6 FEET WIDE                 2

EXIT 10  SHALLOW                                              3

HOW DO I CATCH THEM . I CANNOT HOLD A ROD OR USE A REEL AND I AM THINKINKING OF A BAITED LINE ……. IF THIS CAN BE DONE...…..       HOW ?????????

007.JPG

009.JPG

008.JPG

Why can't you use a rod and reel? Just go to the chippy mate

5 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

£500 a day? Where the hell was it? 

On the a fantastic chalk-river in the south-east,i just checked the price over £800 peak season for 2 persons,we were two but weren't there peak,its £500 for the beat per day.

• Like 1
On 19/04/2019 at 18:23, Elchapo said:

Hazel peg with bit line on it size 10 hook stick worm on it chuck it in and have a sit on the bank if have trouble with your hands mock the peg in the bank then every now and again just lift line with your finger see if you can feel anything on other end .

My cousin caught a 5 pound spring salmon doing just that when he was only a nipper. Salmon are very rarely caught in that river. Maybe 1 every 3 year between the whole fishing club. Somebody seen the fish roll one evening and word spread and there was heap of lads down there using the very best of gear but the young lad brought it home with a hazel stick and a hook, line and an earthworm that he borrowed off my father. He couldn't afford a rod at the time and his own father wouldn't buy him one so he always went with my Dad.

• Like 3