HOW DO I CATCH A BROWN TROUT ?????

POOL 8 FEET DEEP 30 WIDE  100 LONG      PICTURE 1

ENTRANCE TO POOL  6 FEET WIDE                 2

EXIT 10  SHALLOW                                              3

HOW DO I CATCH THEM . I CANNOT HOLD A ROD OR USE A REEL AND I AM THINKINKING OF A BAITED LINE ……. IF THIS CAN BE DONE...…..       HOW ?????????

007.JPG

009.JPG

008.JPG

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No mate,i wouldn't tip anything into a river,leave nothing but footprints take nothing but photos (and fish).

Get yourself a decent rod mickey.  

Have you tried for them yet mickey?  

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Use a long line, attached to summat solid on bank with a heavy weight ye can chuck to pretty much other side or half way out an it holds bottom then just tie other bits line onto it with hooks an worms?? get it emptied ? it failing that let the local kids fish it for half there catch ?

WHAT SIZE HOOKS ?

It would be very easy to empty that pool,but far better nowadays just to cast a line and get the odd decent sized fish,I fished a beat last year that cost £500 a day (I guest'ed at night) and had some nice fish.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, mackem said:

It would be very easy to empty that pool,but far better nowadays just to cast a line and get the odd decent sized fish,I fished a beat last year that cost £500 a day (I guest'ed at night) and had some nice fish.

you ever used clove oil mack to empty a river??

5 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

you ever used clove oil mack to empty a river??

No mate,i wouldn't tip anything into a river,leave nothing but footprints take nothing but photos (and fish).

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, mackem said:

it doesn't kill fish mack....sends them to sleep ,they float down river and you net them??

15 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

That’s what my kids use a lot of time, they love them mate 

micky use as wee a hook as possible but will still catch some with 10 an even some 8s  

or could try this? Even line wrapped round an ole coke or lager can/bottle can be used as handling, my poor wife had had a spool a line an a wee tub way some shot an some hooks in it since we met ? an now if she got a big bag an we out for day the lad makes her put his hobo hand line out the glove box in her bag ?

I got a hobo handline off a fella on ebay. it casts far better than I thought it would caught some nice fish with it. through spring and summer I stick it me pocket when mooching with little lurcher.