New estate car

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The eagle has landed,lol...very pleased with my new wheels,some amount of Nick nacks in it,hopefully I get 4 more years with it trouble free

just bought a 2012 blue motion Passat estate full leather bells and whistles for my daughter for £800 quid, ex lease hire, loads of miles, no smoke no oil usage and pulls like a train years ticket and

There she is up the side of a mountain,nice interiors and style won't be a help with a smelly goat in the back,lol...

Posted Images

12 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I wasn’t running a high mileage one so I can’t speak for that pal 

however I do know I drove more miles in that car than ant motor I’ve had  , I put 80000 on it in 2 years and it never missed a beat. 

4 and a half hours Ipswich to Carlisle twice a weekend will do that and it was no slouch either . 

As for boot space ....I don’t know who told you that nonsense , I put a dog , a pram , a hiking grip and enough clothes make up shoes and fake tan to last most currock beaus a decade in that motor most weekends and never touched the gunnels 

C947F968-E156-4678-BAED-0B2ADF91D0BB.jpeg

F1CE3F3D-8CA2-49A6-B7D2-2A4A4FE8EA4B.jpeg

Is that the V60? 

Estate cars are for old people ?

Bought a new vauxhall viva as a run around and had nowt buy trouble with it so gonna sell it and get a cheap run around next like the look of a fabia vrs 1.9d 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Chid said:

Estate cars are for old people ?

Bought a new vauxhall viva as a run around and had nowt buy trouble with it so gonna sell it and get a cheap run around next like the look of a fabia vrs 1.9d 

Fabias are for getting the groceries,collecting the kids and the houswifes favourite lol

• Haha 2
On 14/07/2019 at 17:28, jigsaw said:

The eagle has landed,lol...very pleased with my new wheels,some amount of Nick nacks in it,hopefully I get 4 more years with it trouble free

IMG_20190714_145737.jpg

How many goats fit in the boot will be the judge of a good car ?

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, jigsaw said:

Fabias are for getting the groceries,collecting the kids and the houswifes favourite lol

And that's just what it'll be used for and the missus will be the pilot of it ?

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, jiggy said:

How many goats fit in the boot will be the judge of a good car ?

if its not pouring down like today ,i hope to find out tomorrow ,lol...im due a walk out ,was going today but the forecast was horrendous 

• Like 1

The taxi home last night was an hybrid Auris estate, I liked the silence of the electric motor. Seen those Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV, look decent tbh and can get good MPG. It's a plug-in hybrid, how does all that work then? You have to have sockets fitted at home for the charging points? 

Used to have a MKII Granada estate, twin webbers, old sweeny 70s classic, could hear the carbs sucking the fuel in, was a beast and did about 12 MPG, I'd happily have one again. Fond memories of taking it around round abouts sideways ?

Edited by Gav
  • Like 5

We bought a dacia logan estate a few years ago, was cheap, short of £12 grand was great economicly, free tax, 60 - 70 MPG, but was cheap and reliable, wife gave it to the son after 18 month and bought a rangerover sport coz it was too cheap ?, £80 grand and 18 MPG, Defender was only £35 grand and does 22 MPG. Shes looking at a new rangey now as the one she has is due an MOT, £180 grand, the paint is £20 grand alone, I think shes having a mid life crisis ?

1 hour ago, Jobi said:

The taxi home last night was an hybrid Auris estate, I liked the silence of the electric motor. Seen those Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV, look decent tbh and can get good MPG. It's a plug-in hybrid, how does all that work then? You have to have sockets fitted at home for the charging points? 

Yes 

1 minute ago, Jobi said:

How much does that cost, can't see it being a great idea tbh with young idiots walking by your house. 

Girl I work with got hers fitted for free as they was doing some offer .you do get a lead what just uses a normal house socket. 

Could just use a free charging point if you was worried about having a lead at your house 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

My pal got one and it cost him a fortune getting the socket thing wired to the outside of his house.  Befores he got it dne he had to park his motor at a train station over night and charge it up. f**k that.

Think you can get it done for around £200, worth it when you look at the fuel you will save.