New estate car

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The eagle has landed,lol...very pleased with my new wheels,some amount of Nick nacks in it,hopefully I get 4 more years with it trouble free

just bought a 2012 blue motion Passat estate full leather bells and whistles for my daughter for £800 quid, ex lease hire, loads of miles, no smoke no oil usage and pulls like a train years ticket and

There she is up the side of a mountain,nice interiors and style won't be a help with a smelly goat in the back,lol...

Posted Images

Thinking of getting an estate next but the more I look in to it the more unsure I am. Of course I want the car to be reliable and spacious but I also want a bit of style and driving pleasure. 

On 06/07/2019 at 21:42, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Yes mate , I had a Volvo v50 r design , it was the nuts 

Been told to stay away from them, especially cars of high mileage. It's replacement the V60 looks the part but it's boot is barely bigger than a hatchbacks so not all that practical. 

3 hours ago, Jobi said:

Thinking of getting an estate next but the more I look in to it the more unsure I am. Of course I want the car to be reliable and spacious but I also want a bit of style and driving pleasure. 

A4 all road or Passat 4 motion estate next for us......but I would like another Scooby doo?1842194858_Screenshot_20190803-112715_SamsungInternet.jpg.cf90fa31b264552629da452217797969.jpgturns heads where ever you go?

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

A4 all road or Passat 4 motion estate next for us......but I would like another Scooby doo?1842194858_Screenshot_20190803-112715_SamsungInternet.jpg.cf90fa31b264552629da452217797969.jpgturns heads where ever you go?

Too ott for me, don't know about Volkswagen though. My dad has just got a diesel Yeti 4x4 140bhp and it's only averaging in the high 30's mpg, expected more than that tbh. 

6 minutes ago, Jobi said:

Too ott for me, don't know about Volkswagen though. My dad has just got a diesel Yeti 4x4 140bhp and it's only averaging in the high 30's mpg, expected more than that tbh. 

the newer yeti' s have a lighter 4wd system which gives better mpg as the whole car weighs less?test drove one few yrs back......lots of air noise at speed put me off ?

4 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

the newer yeti' s have a lighter 4wd system which gives better mpg as the whole car weighs less?test drove one few yrs back......lots of air noise at speed put me off ?

Yeah his is a 16 plate, thought it would average better than 38-40mpg. He only does short runs though to work and such for the most part. Don't know about wind noise but it does make a lot of road noise, think it's the tyres. 

4 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

if your over 40 i think youd look a bit of a pleb in that ,lol ..mid life crisis  motor....every cop in the country would have it in for ye plus every car jacker would have ye on their to do list lol

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Scooby gone I've turned to the dark side 

20190527_010747.jpg

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, jigsaw said:

if your over 40 i think youd look a bit of a pleb in that ,lol ..mid life crisis  motor....every cop in the country would have it in for ye plus every car jacker would have ye on their to do list lol

I'm only 40 ?and have enjoyed owning a  few of them,in auto,manual,proper drivers car,they are some toy....and only ever been pulled over while cops ask me to open the bonnet so they can admire what's under it ?

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

I'm only 40 ?and have enjoyed owning a  few of them,in auto,manual,proper drivers car,they are some toy....and only ever been pulled over while cops ask me to open the bonnet so they can admire what's under it ?

I loved mine but fuelling it  killed it for me  £60 a week for 100 miles  always a fun 100 miles though :laugh:...I'm getting double that from the Audi and its quicker but no way near as rugged ,I have to watch out for pot holes now :laugh:

On 18/04/2019 at 23:23, jigsaw said:

Planning on buying a car soon ,so just wondering what you guys fancy,I've my eye on one but it will probably be sold by the time I'm ready to buy in about 3 weeks time..

Screenshot_20190418-225146.jpg

Screenshot_20190418-225128.jpg

With your money, you should be buying one of these, plenty of room for those dopey salukis, haha

Screenshot_20190803_171758.jpg

5 minutes ago, kanny said:

I loved mine but fuelling it  killed it for me  £60 a week for 100 miles  always a fun 100 miles though :laugh:...I'm getting double that from the Audi and its quicker but no way near as rugged ,I have to watch out for pot holes now :laugh:

what was you doing?driving in reverse??I don't mind spending on fuel.....for a massive smile on my face?

im not ready to grow up yet.....?

• Haha 1
35 minutes ago, Rebel said:

With your money, you should be buying one of these, plenty of room for those dopey salukis, haha

Screenshot_20190803_171758.jpg

Them salukis are miles ahead of them dopey sausage dogs lol....Merck's are for jerks ?

• Haha 3
13 hours ago, Jobi said:

Been told to stay away from them, especially cars of high mileage. It's replacement the V60 looks the part but it's boot is barely bigger than a hatchbacks so not all that practical. 

I wasn’t running a high mileage one so I can’t speak for that pal 

however I do know I drove more miles in that car than ant motor I’ve had  , I put 80000 on it in 2 years and it never missed a beat. 

4 and a half hours Ipswich to Carlisle twice a weekend will do that and it was no slouch either . 

As for boot space ....I don’t know who told you that nonsense , I put a dog , a pram , a hiking grip and enough clothes make up shoes and fake tan to last most currock beaus a decade in that motor most weekends and never touched the gunnels 

C947F968-E156-4678-BAED-0B2ADF91D0BB.jpeg

F1CE3F3D-8CA2-49A6-B7D2-2A4A4FE8EA4B.jpeg

• Like 1