New estate car

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The eagle has landed,lol...very pleased with my new wheels,some amount of Nick nacks in it,hopefully I get 4 more years with it trouble free

just bought a 2012 blue motion Passat estate full leather bells and whistles for my daughter for £800 quid, ex lease hire, loads of miles, no smoke no oil usage and pulls like a train years ticket and

There she is up the side of a mountain,nice interiors and style won't be a help with a smelly goat in the back,lol...

Posted Images

some interesting reading ,i wont be going off road unless i crash the friggin thing lol.....im deffo sticking with avensis i reckon unless a real bargain came about ,i was just looking for other opinions cause im not too well up on motors

i can buy any amount of jeeps/4X4' but ive no interest in them at all.manys a friend said it was strange i dont drive one when I shoot and hunt for near on 40 years ,but i never found them spacious or even attractive ,i loved my Vans ,Transit ,Liteace ,Hiace ,but a car for me getting on years now lol

The Mrs has got a BMW320d does about 50 to the gallon on a run drives lovely and fairly quick , not much room in the back . The 520 is bigger , but the next one we get is going to be the Mercedes c class , I think they are some motor  , can’t afford a new one but then I’ve never bought anew car in my life . 

34 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Volvo v50 

once you’ve had one , no other estate is even worth contemplating. 

I wouldn’t put the dogs in it though 

If I was after an estate I’d probably go volvo as well but with the XC70. 

12 hours ago, forest of dean redneck said:

I wanted a estate car for fishing put Mtb in etc 

i was looking at Vw Passat around 05 reg most were either high mileage or £2k plus I just missed out on a low mileage one for £1300 

i ended up buying toyota corolla estate 06 reg , 104,000 miles 2 owner 2.0 l diesel for £1400 ? it’s  nice not fast but the D4D engines not stresssed out and I think that’s the key to them being long lived , 

You've missed out big time there kidder, you could have had my v40 estate 

The pistons on the hatch have gone so you get clattered on top of the turnip if you forget and let go, but that's alright cause the lock has given up, and stays shut now, so you have to wrestle bike through side door after taking front wheel off, and excessive corrosion of all panels so you may have to get a shimmy on like Barney rubble if you leave the floor behind,  radio doesn't work, cruise control does, like driving an armchair so  you might nod off courtesy of comfort

Low mileage, and good mpg but ?

• Haha 3
8 hours ago, low plains drifter said:

You've missed out big time there kidder, you could have had my v40 estate 

The pistons on the hatch have gone so you get clattered on top of the turnip if you forget and let go, but that's alright cause the lock has given up, and stays shut now, so you have to wrestle bike through side door after taking front wheel off, and excessive corrosion of all panels so you may have to get a shimmy on like Barney rubble if you leave the floor behind,  radio doesn't work, cruise control does, like driving an armchair so  you might nod off courtesy of comfort

Low mileage, and good mpg but ?

Seen a few Volvo's spares or repair so stayed clear of them ??