Chickens

Had a right result today.  A new work mate told me his dad has got a few chickens that are to old to lay and he wanted to get rid of them, as he was fed up with feeding them and not getting anything out of them. So as my freezer is getting empty, I said I would have them.  He took me there today 23 chickens necks pulled and in my freezer 

• Haha 1

.i'm doing okay got 3 freezers full of pheasants if i put one in every second day i should have enough to last me till i get out ferreting again , a nice result it let me sell any rabbits caught which i usually keep for ferret food , and if you let it know among the chicken breeders you usually land any cockerels before they start to crow and they need to get rid of them before they piss off there neighbours its a result all round if you dont have to put your hand in your pocket to feed your ferrets over the summer 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, terryd said:

Ferrets and chickens are a sore point lol. My best ferret got out as a kid and nailed me grans fav chicken so she battered it with a broom. She could have just picked it up but she was fiery old lady 

I had a similar thing happen, the ex mrs used to keep chickens and my big nasty hob got out one night when I didn’t close the enclosure properly 2.00am in the morning all hell is breaking out in the chicken run I thought Charlie must be in there but no it’s my hob he killed 2 and wounded another all clean neck bites. The bugger only killed her favourite that sat on her lap ??. Ruthless b*****d he was. 

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, Bobtheferret said:

I had a similar thing happen, the ex mrs used to keep chickens and my big nasty hob got out one night when I didn’t close the enclosure properly 2.00am in the morning all hell is breaking out in the chicken run I thought Charlie must be in there but no it’s my hob he killed 2 and wounded another all clean neck bites. The bugger only killed her favourite that sat on her lap ??. Ruthless b*****d he was. 

Yea trust them to pick the bloody favorite 

• Haha 2

My mate has a broiler farm.at catch up time any to small for the supermarkets just get killed and put in a skip.i bet 1000 chickens end up there.if i want i could have them for nothing as it saves paying to dispose of.

Get yourselves down the broiler house lads.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, ginger beard said:

My mate has a broiler farm.at catch up time any to small for the supermarkets just get killed and put in a skip.i bet 1000 chickens end up there.if i want i could have them for nothing as it saves paying to dispose of.

Get yourselves down the broiler house lads.

Wow what a waste