Big baby miller fails drug test

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This case with Miller is probably the worst case ive ever heard of he wasnt just trying to gain an edge he was looking to literally kill Joshua !!....im not one for bans and punishment but personally

There is a certain element that get the gear up em & think they are invincible,just like there is a certain element that get on the drink,and think they are the best man in the country,or a certai

Posted Images

Daniels trainers an old pal of mine so would love to see the youngster win,what i like about this fight is they are 2 pleasant young men putting it on the line when they dont need to,they,ve sparred many times so wont be any sillyness in the build up....i think as someone said above its just a little bit too early for Dubois his real man strength hasnt arrived yet and Joyce although a strange robotic type fighter has immense strength and an extraordinary engine for a big guy i just think he might be too physically imposing.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Daniels trainers an old pal of mine so would love to see the youngster win,what i like about this fight is they are 2 pleasant young men putting it on the line when they dont need to,they,ve sparred many times so wont be any sillyness in the build up....i think as someone said above its just a little bit too early for Dubois his real man strength hasnt arrived yet and Joyce although a strange robotic type fighter has immense strength and an extraordinary engine for a big guy i just think he might be too physically imposing.

Both young in heavyweight terms/fights, as you said, didn't need to happen yet, good on them, they both want it.

Cheers, D.

On 23/04/2019 at 23:01, gnasher16 said:

? Ok mate whatever you say.

I just find it curious why folk need to start on about gangster shit whenever steroids/strength/fitness is being spoken about.....i cant really see the connection myself 

Just look at Jonny Adair and you’ll see why they compare roid heads with gangsters. Him and his 2ic were bad bas  tards  and it was big over here in Belfast the roid and drug scene as most watched the gangster movies and immediately switched to that life 

• Like 1
On 24/04/2019 at 10:58, shaaark said:

Ah right, yep I know caerphilly pretty well, my old girl lived the last 45 of her years there. She and my stepfather used to run the boxing club in the barbican, think it was pulled down around 89-90ish? I used to train there now and then when they ran it. Some good lads, and a couple of welsh schoolboy champs came out of there, and the 3 brothers that you've probably heard of. M H, S H,  and H H. I trained in the elite gym a few times, with an old mate, a couple of times when aleks georgivou, (spelling), the hawk, from gladiators, was there. He's actually a tidy fella, but I outlifted him in everything, which I thought quite strange, as he was 16 stone 10lb, and I was 14 stone 4lb, But he looked lovely ? lol. I eventually got to 16 stone 10lb myself, all naturally, but that took another 3 years, in a different gym closer to my own home.

Anyway, yes, I worked a couple of places in cardiff, a couple in pontyclun, a couple in pontypridd, and a couple further up the valleys. But that was 20 years ago, and by f**k, I'm glad I'm out of all that nonsense anymore lol ?

my mums sister was married to s.h ended up in a wheelchair?was a good boxer in his day...those brothers you mentioned bar the 1 were a bunch of spineless bullies who got their comupence and had to move of the estate after my little brothers and their crew filled them in?they taught us all how to box and the biggest prick h.h was my god father....no longer with us....won't be missed.went to school with Alex's sister ?I remember the barbican well,I'm off that estate.burnetts owned the pub?

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

my mums sister was married to s.h ended up in a wheelchair?was a good boxer in his day...those brothers you mentioned bar the 1 were a bunch of spineless bullies who got their comupence and had to move of the estate after my little brothers and their crew filled them in?they taught us all how to box and the biggest prick h.h was my god father....no longer with us....won't be missed.went to school with Alex's sister ?I remember the barbican well,I'm off that estate.burnetts owned the pub?

Yes, he was paralyzed from the age of 17. Happened when he went on hols with money from his 1st fight after turning pro. You probably knew my mother then, and my stepfather, both dead now. Last time I had anything to do with those brothers I was still training with them now and again. But I did hear they ended up not very nice fellas. I think S H is only a year older than me. Anyway, long time ago now ?

Dubois v Joyce I can't quite believe it. A genuine match between two boxers that we can't predict the outcome of? I am so used to seeing  a fall guy being sacrificially knocked out by the unbeaten rising star that I am amazed. Brilliant, looking forward to it. It really is hard to call, neither have suffered a genuine punch on the nail delivered by a seasoned pro. It will be really interesting to see who can handle class punches. Dubois to win for me.  

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 1
On 23/04/2019 at 13:56, gnasher16 said:

Remember mate i started all that stuff before the times when you could just click information off the internet we had to find stuff out for ourselves in the real world you had no choice but to educate yourself i wasnt just going to blindly follow what someone tells me for my chosen sport the way lads do today purely for the reflection in the mirror !!

Being honest im still not sure if i did any physical damage,5 years ago i had to have a minor heart procedure which at the time i put solely down to steroids ( which seemed to make sense at the time )....but i wanted to get to the bottom of it and having spoken to experts in the field since its unlikely steroid use ( as opposed to abuse ) played any part....as for those around me no effect as a direct result from steroids no i was a bit wild anyway so mood swings were negligible...i guess at home  our social life suffered at times due to the discipline of training/sleep/ etc but i was a focused chap who took what i suppose was calculated risks i studied and learned enough to make solid decisions.

The way i see it is theres far worse things to be doing to your health than using chemicals to aid strength/fitness.....smoking.....obesity....they kill huge amounts of human beings but its not my business,i think smoking is a disgusting and dirty habit but i dont judge people for it....steroids have become mainstream now these youngsters see them like women see Botox they want to look nice and take some pictures for instagram or whatever.... its a bizarre crazy reasoning for messing with your body to me but its their life....and again you cant compare that to athletes,their was a study done some years ago by a sports nutritionist or doctor i forget his name now he did a survey on a certain amount of athletes in their 20,s asking if by taking 1 tablet it meant you became  the worlds best at your sport,but it also meant you would drop down dead at 45 years old,would you take it......and by far the majority said yes they would.....so thats the mentality your dealing with in sport and with a guy like this topic is about.

Interesting thoughts hearing it from someone that's been there. What's your thoughts on the WWF and WWE wrestlers. Chris Benoit murdered his wife and child and crossed there hands and put out crucifixs and rosary beads and shot himself then. It was found out after he had a brain injury and steroid abuse helped him overcome it. His father was adamant that he was forced to take steroids to stay at the top of your game. The amount of pro wrestlers that have died under the age of 50 is staggering and the amount of injuries is staggering. Understandable it's all a show and fake but they still put their bodies on the line and have to look peaked doing it. It's where steroid abuse is most obvious and you can gauge the damage. lifestyle and living on the road doesn't help but at the same time taking shortcuts to look big takes its toll. If there wasn't testing done in other sports then a lot more athletes would die too. Like most addictions people don't do small harmless doses and don't know when to stop and just look at the guy beside them and think he's bigger faster and stronger.https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_premature_professional_wrestling_deaths

On 27/04/2019 at 09:59, jiggy said:

Interesting thoughts hearing it from someone that's been there. What's your thoughts on the WWF and WWE wrestlers. Chris Benoit murdered his wife and child and crossed there hands and put out crucifixs and rosary beads and shot himself then. It was found out after he had a brain injury and steroid abuse helped him overcome it. His father was adamant that he was forced to take steroids to stay at the top of your game. The amount of pro wrestlers that have died under the age of 50 is staggering and the amount of injuries is staggering. Understandable it's all a show and fake but they still put their bodies on the line and have to look peaked doing it. It's where steroid abuse is most obvious and you can gauge the damage. lifestyle and living on the road doesn't help but at the same time taking shortcuts to look big takes its toll. If there wasn't testing done in other sports then a lot more athletes would die too. Like most addictions people don't do small harmless doses and don't know when to stop and just look at the guy beside them and think he's bigger faster and stronger.https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_premature_professional_wrestling_deaths

Wrestling isnt something i pay any attention to mate but i do know theres a lot of deaths many down to different cocktails of drugs or suicide its an industry that seems to produce some wild characters but in terms of steroids,bodybuilders and i guess wrestlers are simply not athletes today they are sedentary guys building a model.....wrestling/bodybuilding is not about how strong you are its about how strong it looks like you are and the main change i have seen over time is a lot more reliance on chemicals.....when i was bang into strength/fitness the ratio was probably 75% training to 25% steroids......in other words training and eating was the important thing and steroids just gave you that last little polish,the finishing touches to your physique....but today guys are putting most of their effort into steroids and not so much into their training/diet.....its basic abuse and i think that shows in the patterns of deaths over the generations....the first users of juice like Schwarzeneggers era are doing fine health wise today,most are living long healthy lives and thats down to the relatively small doses they were taking alongside heavy training ( sensible steroid use ).....but in more recent times bodybuilders and the wrestlers you talk about are really just chemically enhanced men who lift weights ( extreme steroid abuse ).....dont get me wrong i dont have any actual data on it thats only my opinions based on what ive seen over the years,and a touch of common sense ?

• Like 4
58 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Wrestling isnt something i pay any attention to mate but i do know theres a lot of deaths many down to different cocktails of drugs or suicide its an industry that seems to produce some wild characters but in terms of steroids,bodybuilders and i guess wrestlers are simply not athletes today they are sedentary guys building a model.....wrestling/bodybuilding is not about how strong you are its about how strong it looks like you are and the main change i have seen over time is a lot more reliance on chemicals.....when i was bang into strength/fitness the ratio was probably 75% training to 25% steroids......in other words training and eating was the important thing and steroids just gave you that last little polish,the finishing touches to your physique....but today guys are putting most of their effort into steroids and not so much into their training/diet.....its basic abuse and i think that shows in the patterns of deaths over the generations....the first users of juice like Schwarzeneggers era are doing fine health wise today,most are living long healthy lives and thats down to the relatively small doses they were taking alongside heavy training ( sensible steroid use ).....but in more recent times bodybuilders and the wrestlers you talk about are really just chemically enhanced men who lift weights ( extreme steroid abuse ).....dont get me wrong i dont have any actual data on it thats only my opinions based on what ive seen over the years,and a touch of common sense ?

Probably like most addictions they are over doing it. Alcohol and cigarettes will do the same thing. If they were a bit more sensible about it then they would live to tell the tale.