Big baby miller fails drug test

34 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I was always a big guy i never stacked steroids to get big mine was always power/weight related,yes my appearance looked leaner but that was neither here nor there it was the mechanics....anabolic steroids are a derivative of testosterone you are trying to maximise the anabolic and androgenic but its still a male hormone and under the right stress your body is going to repair bigger and stronger and i was a dedicated very focused guy so yes it was worth it for the activity i was involved in at the time....today my goals are more health related and general function,energy flow,range of movement type stuff but i still occasionally lift weights and remain a pretty strong chap regardless of steroids.

Whether they will admit it or not non sports folk and guys using gear just to get big find it hard giving steroids up once they have seen results simply because they notice the mental gains more than they notice the physical gains....ie...girls take more notice of them,lads show them more respect,their confidence is up.....its not something they will ever admit to but its a fact ive seen it over years.....for me those things were never the goal which is why i easily gave them up and have no problem admitting having taken them.

And by the way lets not forget almost as many women as men take steroids these days.

Being the type of bloke who hates taking even an aspirin I always find it hard to fathom anyone wanting to take medication but especially those blokes who do it just for vanity and not for sporting reasons........that just seems mental to me.

Anyway, you always hear the horror stories around steroid use so if you don’t mind me asking mate, did the use of steroids have any noticeable negative effect physically or mentally?

Did they have any unintended effects to you or those around you.

It sounds like you educated yourself well on their use but others probably don’t and I dare say it’s them you hear about going about being a nightmare to everyone around them.

Bit of a personal question I know so I won’t be offended by a “mind your own busines” ........

Edited by WILF

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This case with Miller is probably the worst case ive ever heard of he wasnt just trying to gain an edge he was looking to literally kill Joshua !!....im not one for bans and punishment but personally

There is a certain element that get the gear up em & think they are invincible,just like there is a certain element that get on the drink,and think they are the best man in the country,or a certai

Posted Images

4 hours ago, WILF said:

Being the type of bloke who hates taking even an aspirin I always find it hard to fathom anyone wanting to take medication but especially those blokes who do it just for vanity and not for sporting reasons........that just seems mental to me.

Anyway, you always hear the horror stories around steroid use so if you don’t mind me asking mate, did the use of steroids have any noticeable negative effect physically or mentally?

Did they have any unintended effects to you or those around you.

It sounds like you educated yourself well on their use but others probably don’t and I dare say it’s them you hear about going about being a nightmare to everyone around them.

Bit of a personal question I know so I won’t be offended by a “mind your own busines” ........

Remember mate i started all that stuff before the times when you could just click information off the internet we had to find stuff out for ourselves in the real world you had no choice but to educate yourself i wasnt just going to blindly follow what someone tells me for my chosen sport the way lads do today purely for the reflection in the mirror !!

Being honest im still not sure if i did any physical damage,5 years ago i had to have a minor heart procedure which at the time i put solely down to steroids ( which seemed to make sense at the time )....but i wanted to get to the bottom of it and having spoken to experts in the field since its unlikely steroid use ( as opposed to abuse ) played any part....as for those around me no effect as a direct result from steroids no i was a bit wild anyway so mood swings were negligible...i guess at home  our social life suffered at times due to the discipline of training/sleep/ etc but i was a focused chap who took what i suppose was calculated risks i studied and learned enough to make solid decisions.

The way i see it is theres far worse things to be doing to your health than using chemicals to aid strength/fitness.....smoking.....obesity....they kill huge amounts of human beings but its not my business,i think smoking is a disgusting and dirty habit but i dont judge people for it....steroids have become mainstream now these youngsters see them like women see Botox they want to look nice and take some pictures for instagram or whatever.... its a bizarre crazy reasoning for messing with your body to me but its their life....and again you cant compare that to athletes,their was a study done some years ago by a sports nutritionist or doctor i forget his name now he did a survey on a certain amount of athletes in their 20,s asking if by taking 1 tablet it meant you became  the worlds best at your sport,but it also meant you would drop down dead at 45 years old,would you take it......and by far the majority said yes they would.....so thats the mentality your dealing with in sport and with a guy like this topic is about.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 3
8 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

I have nothing to hide or be ashamed of i was on and off the gear for about 15 years it was an interesting stage of life that i wouldnt like to go back to but certainly dont regret,i was competing in a sport that didnt forbid it and was living a very violent life whereby it didnt hurt to be at your physical best as part of everyday life.....the morality of it all is a silly discussion to have as i neither need or want to change anyones opinions simply because outside of top professional sport it doesnt really matter.

People still look at steroids like they are a magic tablet if you are using them for bodybuilding shows then the dedication needed is the same as a boxer cutting weight,ive helped a number of fighters cut weight over the years and its a massively stressful and testing time where your body is crying out for food while remaining anti catabolic....lowering your calories too much means you lose glycogen storage from the muscle and lose size hence you see fighters on the scales looking completely different to they look in the ring...muscles hold carbs in the water ( glycogen ) so losing water means your muscles use amino acids for energy and depletes the muscle of water so you shrink down,a fighter weighing in is in the same state as a bodybuilder on stage....you are trying to slowly coax the last bits of fat out of your body that your body just doesnt want to give up.....you are in possibly the most unhealthy state you have been in for months,difference being a fighter then has to go out and have a fight the next day where a bodybuilder can put his feet up... but the last week before both is an absolute mental battle that people not familiar with either steroids or top level sport just dont appreciate.....im not talking about an unhealthy guy who just lifts weights and juices to get big thats why you cant just generalise with steroids their are totally different scales.

I didn't mean you.

I was talking genreally about the people i know not admitting to it.

For me...i just will not get it why people do it.

But you must of seen it turn nice people into dickheads when they get a roid rage on and do stuff they would never have the balls to do normally.

1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

Surely the same can be said about drink? Smoke? An many other substances out there, both makin folks do things they would never do an also cheating themselves from life??

Its different but can't put it into words.

Gnasher mentioned users getting respect...but i don't think they do,i just think they think they do and thats why they use because they want "respect".but they not really want respect they want to be feared and known as a hard man when bully is more like it.i just see an insecure juiced up boy.

Not you gnasher just the plebs i see around different towns.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Lenmcharristar said:

i know a lot of lads who abused roids and suffered with strokes and heart attacks in theyre late 40s and early 50s and there wasnt a pick of fat on them. it catches up with ya no matter what is said. 

You are correct len. I personally know three friends that I trained with from time to time, that got into steroids. All a few years younger than me, but now all look about 8-10 years older than me. One had two heart attacks and was advised not to train again. All three stopped training between around 20-25 years ago, and they still look like shit, due to the health problems they've had, due to steroids.

No-one, unless they know  a doctor etc, to test and advise what and how to take what they are taking, knows how their body is going to react. 

Dangerous game to play.

Edited by shaaark

Good point from Katchum, there will a thousand times more blokes making a prick of themselves on drink every weekend.

What makes the bloke who is having a bad affect from steroids more dangerous is that he is completely lucid.......and probably a great big powerful b*****d to boot.

Both a worth swerving when they obviously have their stupid head on.

1 hour ago, shaaark said:

You are correct len. I personally know three friends that I trained with from time to time, that got into steroids. All a few years younger than me, but now all look about 8-10 years older than me. One had two heart attacks and was advised not to train again. All three stopped training between around 20-25 years ago, and they still look like shit, due to the health problems they've had, due to steroids.

No-one, unless they know  a doctor etc, to test and advise what and how to take what they are taking, knows how their body is going to react. 

Dangerous game to play.

Steroid use over long periods " can " lead to inflammation of the arteries and of course its going to raise blood pressure but the majority of deaths attributed to steroid use comes from diuretics......regular use of diuretics is a tricky game to play as you are stripping yourself of electrolytes,sodium,potassium which causes irregular heartbeat......but again,other things like smoking,drinking alcohol,obesity,drugs,even prescription drugs......the dangers of steroid use is insignificant in comparison.

2 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

But same can be said of drink, I know a few lads who are nice as pie but few hours in boozer an they think they popeye, it’s biggest reason I stopped drinking. It’s only diff to you Cos you don’t use them, yet I bet somebody who is tee total an takes nowt but a few doses a what ever to help with there hobby would say exact same about you, me or anybody who thinks it’s cool to sit an smoke a joint, may make us look cool or get us respect from fellow stoners especially if you got better green or what ever, but to them folks they must think stoner are losers, same as drunks or any other addicts, I may be wrong as Iv only ever known 1 guy that took roids serious. But he wasn’t big headed, wasn’t angry an wasn’t craving respect l, he just enjoyed working out an saw the diff it made to his body an wanted to take it further, but he was a sensible lad who worked hard for everything he had, possessions an personal gains, they ain’t for me as what I’m doing is personal for me, not a camera or a sport I wanna excel at. I wanna see how far I can push the most advanced machine in the world( our body that god made ??) without any other help barring diet excersize an rest, but like all hobbies an interests we are doing them for diff reasons ?

Fantastic post....word for word i couldnt agree more.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Steroid use over long periods " can " lead to inflammation of the arteries and of course its going to raise blood pressure but the majority of deaths attributed to steroid use comes from diuretics......regular use of diuretics is a tricky game to play as you are stripping yourself of electrolytes,sodium,potassium which causes irregular heartbeat......but again,other things like smoking,drinking alcohol,obesity,drugs,even prescription drugs......the dangers of steroid use is insignificant in comparison.

Funny enough, after reading this thread I was just reading up about Lance Armstrong (who is probably the cleverest and most successful user of performance enhancing science ever I’m guessing) and it mentioned diuretics there and I didn’t really know what they did or what they are used for.

2 hours ago, ginger beard said:

Its different but can't put it into words.

Gnasher mentioned users getting respect...but i don't think they do,i just think they think they do and thats why they use because they want "respect".but they not really want respect they want to be feared and known as a hard man when bully is more like it.i just see an insecure juiced up boy.

Not you gnasher just the plebs i see around different towns.

Regarding the " respect " word.....why do you think these pretty boy doormen take steroids ?.....the proof is in the pudding mate whether its by design or not you do get more respect thats just how it is ?

Just now, WILF said:

Funny enough, after reading this thread I was just reading up about Lance Armstrong (who is probably the cleverest and most successful user of performance enhancing science ever I’m guessing) and it mentioned diuretics there and I didn’t really know what they did or what they are used for.

Hang on a minute.he was nothing but a cheat and most of whats bad about steroids.

I expected more from you wilf...fair play and all that.

2 minutes ago, WILF said:

What Lance Armstrong ( and many others ) was doing was on another level your talking Epo,blood transfusing the lot......i wont go all technical it will bore the pants off you but its not really the same as steroids its just different world performance enhancing.

• Like 1