Champions League

2 minutes ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

It’s Spurs striker Son that is banned for the first leg Gnasher.

So, they can either play Llorente or Kane in a plaster cast. I think they'll go Kane ?

• Haha 1

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great atmosphere though im sure you,d agree ? What a fantastic game that was last night i still cant make up my mind if Var is for the better or worse,but much as i hate Spurs im glad City are ou

Ajax aren’t to be underestimated, they’ve given Real and Juve a footballing lesson so far.

As a slight side conversation, I went to a seminar with the FAI elite director of football who is a Dutch bloke called Ruud Doktor. This is the bloke who has come up with “the plan” for Irish foo

Posted Images

How good have that young Ajax team been? I wouldn't bet against them turning over Spurs even if they were at full strength...having that talent and playing without any fear is a fair weapon to have in the locker.

• Like 2

I think from grass roots right the way to the very top we could learn a lot from Dutch football id expect Ajax to put on a good display of how the game should be played win or lose i know they,ve been having a cracking battle with Eindhoven for the league im really looking forward to that game could be a 6 - 5 ?

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I think from grass roots right the way to the very top we could learn a lot from Dutch football id expect Ajax to put on a good display of how the game should be played win or lose i know they,ve been having a cracking battle with Eindhoven for the league im really looking forward to that game could be a 6 - 5 ?

These European countries get their coaching pathways spot on compared to Britain and Ireland mate.

Its a valued thing out there and the various levels are at least half the money to do compared with Britain and Ireland.

A UEFA B badge will cost about €1200 in Germany or Spain......same badge in Ireland or England £3000 !! 

Its f***ing criminal.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, WILF said:

These European countries get their coaching pathways spot on compared to Britain and Ireland mate.

Its a valued thing out there and the various levels are at least half the money to do compared with Britain and Ireland.

A UEFA B badge will cost about €1200 in Germany or Spain......same badge in Ireland or England £3000 !! 

Its f***ing criminal.

I think i told you before i was over there at a kids tournament talking to a coach who was telling me one of their rules throughout junior football was that tackling was not allowed until they was 15 or 16.....and they only played on half sized pitches till that age as well.....whether its still like that now i dont know but when you watch players like Bergkamp,Robben,Van Persie even to my limited knowledge you can see coaching....bundles of ability of course but coaching in a general way of how the game should be played from young.

• Like 2

This is an interesting article, now without blowing my own trumpet I find I’m pretty good round motivating players and having a good rapport with young players naturally.

I also have a decent idea of looking after youngsters mentally, always looking to build them up and I also have a decent idea of how nice football should be played.

However, all that basic knowledge will only take me so far......I know it and anyone with half a brain knows it.

What is like to know is all the technicalities .......I’m aware there’s plenty I don’t know.

However, and I know I won’t be alone, I can’t warrant the time or the investment of about £20,000 to get to an A license.

I know many will say “well you don’t need an A license” but I dont want to half know something......it’s either be everything or don’t bother (a character flaw of mine I know)

Anyway, good article this:

http://www.espn.com/soccer/columns/story/_/id/1572894/counting-cost-coaching

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, WILF said:

Its f***ing criminal.

I think it’s swings and roundabouts personally in regards to the youngsters coming through. We’ve had years of Spanish and German domination and now it seems England and France are at the forefront of the World Class youngsters coming through, it’s already all set for Holland to come through after they’re done aswell id say.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

I think it’s swings and roundabouts personally in regards to the youngsters coming through. We’ve had years of Spanish and German domination and now it seems England and France are at the forefront of the World Class youngsters coming through, it’s already all set for Holland to come through after they’re done aswell id say.

How much of that do you think is down to Southgate giving them the opportunity though ?.....what i mean is did we always have good youngsters who were just not being given the opportunity or are these just an exceptional bunch that are around now ?

3 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

How much of that do you think is down to Southgate giving them the opportunity though ?.....what i mean is did we always have good youngsters who were just not being given the opportunity or are these just an exceptional bunch that are around now ?

I personally think it’s purely down to well educated, time served coaching by Southgate.

He is the model modern coach, there’s hundreds of Southgates in Germany and Spain.

Thats what is so criminal about the accessibility of coach education.

If these badges were easier for your ordinary lads to do then England would be full of Southgates and we would see results in players produced to match.

jmho 

Wilf answer me this....whenever i hear all this " b badge " and " a licence " stuff regarding footie coaching it always gets me thinking the same thing....and im sorry to use boxing as a comparison but its the only sport i know enough about coaching.....but sometimes a fighter will go with a new trainer and immediately see better results in the ring,usually because the new coach has seen things the old coach didnt.....its never because of how to throw punches or the basics as normally pro athletes are too far down the line for that.....so with these different badges and licenses is there a danger that football is being taught to a set standard almost like a maths exam ?.....if certain criteria have to be met to advance to the next level how much of football coaching can really be about individualism and putting your own stamp on a player/team in the way a boxing coach might ?.....would there be " an English " way a coach like Southgate would coach to or is it his own take on the game...or indeed a coach like yourself with your own youngsters can you learn coaching sport from a classroom ?

34 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Wilf answer me this....whenever i hear all this " b badge " and " a licence " stuff regarding footie coaching it always gets me thinking the same thing....and im sorry to use boxing as a comparison but its the only sport i know enough about coaching.....but sometimes a fighter will go with a new trainer and immediately see better results in the ring,usually because the new coach has seen things the old coach didnt.....its never because of how to throw punches or the basics as normally pro athletes are too far down the line for that.....so with these different badges and licenses is there a danger that football is being taught to a set standard almost like a maths exam ?.....if certain criteria have to be met to advance to the next level how much of football coaching can really be about individualism and putting your own stamp on a player/team in the way a boxing coach might ?.....would there be " an English " way a coach like Southgate would coach to or is it his own take on the game...or indeed a coach like yourself with your own youngsters can you learn coaching sport from a classroom ?

I don’t know THE answer mate, I only know what I think it is if you get my drift.

The bloke with the brain realises that he don’t know everything so he has to learn as much as he can then use his own intelligence to get the best from that knowledge.

Apart from different technical drills to practice for certain things I think the really important part is that they work on the mental side of things now heavily in modern coaching......gone are the John Sitton days of “lets give everyone a good boot up the arse”

They teach that different people react different ways to different stimulus.

You know yourself, some lads can take the baiting and others need to be got to in different ways......its what I find most interesting about coaching.

If I coached youngsters in the same manner as I was as a player I would mentally destroy them in 3 minutes flat.......I have to be a different me as a coach than I was as a player.

I think Southgates handling of the World Cup was a class example of the thinking, modern coach.

Obviously, personality has a part in all of that and lads with a good manner for working with people will achieve more than lads who don’t have as good a manner.

Some lads just understand the above on their own and others have to be told it......that’s the benefit of education on the subject.

No more over weight dads screaming at their 8 year olds like it’s the SAS......you are building people and along with it players.

Hope I understood your question and that lets you know what I think.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

I’m not too sure tbh mate, but I’ve not seen such a promising bunch of young English footballers in all my time of watching football. I remember England not qualifying for a tournament( can’t remember which one now) and they were saying in the papers etc that they were ripping up the old rule books and restarting from grassroots because something was seriously wrong and now I think we’re benefitting from the fruits of that grassroots stuff. I don’t necessarily think it’s because of Southgate, the old deadwood of Rooney, Hart etc had to go and we now have genuine world class talent such as Kane and Sterling (that are still only young themselves) being followed up with genuine world class potential players like Alli, Maguire, Sancho etc, this is the first time I’ve ever seen where every position in the England team has 2 or 3 players fighting for it.