Had a few pups docked at vets with no problems  but bought a dog in with a full tail and its driving me mad in all honesty and taking abit of stick. Anyone had an adults tail docked to half what was the recovery time and what did ya pay roughly ?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stick a sheep ring round your finger for a couple of hours and see how that feels.Then imagine how it would feel for a couple of weeks

You won't get a vet to look at it unless it's a medical condition. ........you're stuck with it mate

only had 1 terrier with the  dew claws removed......noticed it struggled climbing over stuff when out and about....I'd not remove them personally ?

Posted Images

Just now, dillydog said:

You won't get a vet to look at it unless it's a medical condition. ........you're stuck with it mate

Had two vets had a look at it feller because obviously its getting damaged. Dog aint a sort to keep still though so im wondering how long roughly it takes and what sort of price others paid.

Yeah not for me that. I dont think it works aswell as you think. Annoying it wasnt just done as a pup but getting the tail taken off by a vet isnt a problem. I could have it done tomorrow but id like to know if anyone else has had it done on an older dog whats the recovery time and how much was you charged ?

Edited by C.green

Only seen one adult terrier who had it done,it worked just fine but grab it's tail and you became the quarry even in a hole with real quarry in front of it..Don't know how much it cost them to have it done but how it is getting sore as i can't see it happening much in a tube?.

8 minutes ago, fireman said:

Only seen one adult terrier who had it done,it worked just fine but grab it's tail and you became the quarry even in a hole with real quarry in front of it..Don't know how much it cost them to have it done but how it is getting sore as i can't see it happening much in a tube?.

I dont grab a terriers tail on a dig anyway but this is a cocker x terrier.

strange qestion i know but could you blatantly see it was done on an older dog rather than the smartness when its done as a pup ?

Edited by C.green
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

Bit of a difference though DS, that’s like saying chopping a newborn babies finger off is the same as docking a pup.

In that case you should be able to just chop its tail off and everything will be fine then.

1 hour ago, downsouth said:

Stick a sheep ring round your finger for a couple of hours and see how that feels.Then imagine how it would feel for a couple of weeks

Try letting a fox chew on to your nose for a few hours lol 

gotta say not a fan of the sheep ring either , me I’d leave long if he’s rail taking more syrup than the rest I wouldn’t worry mate lol again jokes ?

Edited by marshman
  • Haha 1