• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stick a sheep ring round your finger for a couple of hours and see how that feels.Then imagine how it would feel for a couple of weeks

You won't get a vet to look at it unless it's a medical condition. ........you're stuck with it mate

only had 1 terrier with the  dew claws removed......noticed it struggled climbing over stuff when out and about....I'd not remove them personally ?

Posted Images

If its causing the dog that much trouble it shouldn't be too much trouble to get a vet to shorten it.Ive known a few greyhounds have it done after wrecking the ends of their tails on kennel walls and I had an AB done years ago who used to smash it off door frames till it was a bloody mess.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, downsouth said:

If its causing the dog that much trouble it shouldn't be too much trouble to get a vet to shorten it.Ive known a few greyhounds have it done after wrecking the ends of their tails on kennel walls and I had an AB done years ago who used to smash it off door frames till it was a bloody mess.

Having it off is not the trouble mate i could book it in tomorrow wasnt looking for way to have the tail off when i started the thread wanted to see what the recovery time was and what vets were charging as im in two minds whether to see if she setlled with age or be better getting it done now

8 minutes ago, C.green said:

Having it off is not the trouble mate i could book it in tomorrow wasnt looking for way to have the tail off when i started the thread wanted to see what the recovery time was and what vets were charging as im in two minds whether to see if she setlled with age or be better getting it done now

Im sure my AB was all healed up in a couple of weeks.Id say if shes injuring it in cover now she will continue to do it.Ive seen a few spaniels and spaniel/terrir crosses wreck their tails when left with a full tail.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, C.green said:

it be full Op for the tail cut off, same as dew claws took off  when mature , you struggle to get it took off , by most vets. only breed legal to have tail docked are working spaniels , vets will do these  deff . just out of interest  ive got a little jack terrier woody. it my sons dog think the  dog about 8 year old, not sure as he was a rescue  dog , my son had him just as pet , had him 4 years , he fiery little bugger good watch dog ad make great ratter deff, just wondering   when he was docked  ,  and when the law came in , maybe find his age then he 10 lb weight prob 10- 11 height,  he might have bit of chihuahua  in him lol .

DSCN0464.JPG

DSCN0468.JPG

The recoveet time isn't bad. Around a couple week's. Weird that you can have any vet do it now that it's older becaus over they won't. Youwouod either have to find a quack vet or have an injury. 5 days or younger there isn't much in the tail as far as nerve ending and they really don't feel it. When they start to get. Older now there are nerve endings and such so for them to do it is a surgery now and it does hurt the dog when there older. I hate getting a dog with dew claws but if I do and it's older I just leave it. The tail shouldn't bother you if he works. It's not like there taking half of it off.. 

6 minutes ago, Ace Boone coon said:

The recoveet time isn't bad. Around a couple week's. Weird that you can have any vet do it now that it's older becaus over they won't. Youwouod either have to find a quack vet or have an injury. 5 days or younger there isn't much in the tail as far as nerve ending and they really don't feel it. When they start to get. Older now there are nerve endings and such so for them to do it is a surgery now and it does hurt the dog when there older. I hate getting a dog with dew claws but if I do and it's older I just leave it. The tail shouldn't bother you if he works. It's not like there taking half of it off.. 

only had 1 terrier with the  dew claws removed......noticed it struggled climbing over stuff when out and about....I'd not remove them personally ?

• Like 3